Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The C&p:

Rate this question

banchie

Question

I got my two minutes of C&P. I vaguely remember him asking me if I was in combat and marriage problems. I think the way to approach these guys is to take a shopping list and either leave it on their desk so they have to enter it in the record, or insist the guy listen to your story.

I moved from 30% to 50% in 2 minutes. Now I will go after my other 50% & unemployabiity. I think I told him I was disabled since 1990. Not sure. I have the DAV doing my case and set about a rebuttle soon.

Like the new board!!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Glad you are here and wish you well finishing your claim.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I got my two minutes of C&P. I vaguely remember him asking me if I was in combat and marriage problems. I think the way to approach these guys is to take a shopping list and either leave it on their desk so they have to enter it in the record, or insist the guy listen to your story.

I moved from 30% to 50% in 2 minutes. Now I will go after my other 50% & unemployabiity. I think I told him I was disabled since 1990. Not sure. I have the DAV doing my case and set about a rebuttle soon.

Like the new board!!

Banchie- glad you made it here-

when you get the 50% award letter -I suggest NODing it and attaching the TDIU form to it-

if you are not working-

You made a good point - I was thinking about this yesterday- it is ludicrous to think that within a brief C & P exam, the veteran's disability picture can really be assessed-

I have a vet who I told to bring his IMO (which the VA had knocked down)to a VA C & P doctor.

There is a psychological advantage if a vet gives a C & P doctor some evidence that supports his/her claim- this is not always appropriate but I sure dont see anything wrong with like- any IMO the vet has already gotten or any internet print out from a good site (VA uses Merck info) that helps connect the disability.

Even if this was already submitted as evidence for the claim, it can be brought up hopefully within the C & P exam.

Then again- I know how those exams can go-

A neurology exam I was present at took 5 minutes tops- if that-'stand up, stand on one foot,

walk three steps, turn around, what day is it?' that was it.

The vet was declared totally and permanently disabled immediately.

The vet had additional secondary disabilities yet this fast C & P exam took no account for them and SMC was denied.

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta

That sounds like my DMII C&P. The doctor just asked me a few questions and said "You have diabetes". He glossed over the secondary conditions. The C&P lasted less than five minutes. I had a neurological exam the same day and it was abou 5 minutes but the doctor did give me a pin prick test for PN, and said you have polyneuropathy secondary to DMII. The VA dismissed that opinion and attributed the PN to previous injuries.