Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Aid and attendance

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

I’ve been trying to bring up with to the VA with no luck or lack of urgency until I had to go under for my vasectomy. And now  the doctor says your hearts funny i now have a follow up for an Ecco test to understand why my EKG is troublesome I told the doctor I have a copy of my ekg on my exit exam 2010 it says they wanted to do the same thing but said the VA was reviewing my claim so they  signed my exit exam but I was never granted SC until 2016 thanks to the VA so no Ecco was done. Now if this one shows any issues do I file for it? I really feel my EOD if I did file for it shouldn’t be 2019 but the evidence I will show the doctor will paint a picture that it was their fault for not initially granting me SC and dragging their feet until 2016. I don’t know if heart issue can help me other then if it shows my angina that I experience from random times is a result of my TBi like the evidence shows? I know I’ve been reading DIC eligibility for my spouse and family and unless my deaths is a result of an SC injury, 10 years P and T, or if I experienced a heart issue they don’t rate them for another 7 years is that right #Berta? I ask if the issue on my Ecco shows that I had a cardiac arrest, which i didnwhen I was in a coma, would that count as what they say is an automatic DIC for my spouse if it’s service connected?

E1BB92D9-85D4-40E3-BD93-E2CE05ABED42.png

DD34E9F6-B2BB-4FDC-B022-0DE83F2E493C.png

5B5F2488-4617-4CF6-9FF7-66E5FD33E03D.png

9FD10C70-FD01-46D9-A714-E40F4CEF4366.jpeg

EF885FE1-62C0-41E3-914E-EFF59D10284E.png

Edited by jfrei

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

1 answer to this question

Yes, you can file for it.  The effective date regulation is the later of the date of claim, or the facts found. (The date the doc said you were disabled).  There are exceptions to this general effective date rule..actually many exceptions (on increase, within a year of discharge, 38 cfr 3.156 pending claim, inferred claims, etc) .