Jump to content
  •  

    Get Your HadIt.com Merch.

    2022-11-16_06-22-29.png

    Check them out here

  • 0

VSO put in wrong condition


Soliz

Question

Wondering if anyone can offer info or advice

 

i filled out a claim with my VSO in November.  One thing I wanted  to claim was a neck injury I had when the hatch of an Amtrak hit me in the head and knocked me out.  I have head neck an upper back pain ever since.  My VSO Put in the claim for TBI.  Well I had a c & p for tbi and this came back as less likely than not (I never thought or mentioned TBI to VSO).  Well when I had my gulf war registry exam around the same time they found I’m riddled with arthritis in my back and neck.  So my question is will I have to put in a new claim for the arthritis, or will they connect it on there own even though it wasn’t entered that way...

 

thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Moderator

You need to go see maybe a different Vso tell them what happened and get them to reopen the claim for the correct disability so it will save you earlier date. You want to keep that or you will have a very hard time getting that date if ever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Moderator

Apply for the correct benefit pronto.  Dont use a VSO, just apply on the right form.  Say, "goodbye" to your money..4 months retro or so.  

My VSO did the same..or worse..  I didnt figure it out for about 2 years.  Im still fighting for retro from 2002, as a result.  We will see how that goes.  

When the smoke clears, Im gonna try to figure out how much money the VSO cost me.  Its much more than "just" 4 months.  Its about 2 years.  

At 100 percent, it costs you "about" 3,000 for each month you get hornswaggled on an effective date.  So, GET YOUR CLAIM IN BEFORE April 1.  It needs to be "received" by April 1, not mailed by April 1.  Or it will cost you 3 grand (if 100 percent).  You decide how much you can afford to lose by waiting to apply.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Oh, wow! 

I have not actually received the decision yet.  However, the TBI CP exam showed that the doctoe states no TBI.  So you think don’t wait for denial letter, just put in for the correct diagnosis now?

 

thank you!

Edited by Soliz (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Moderator

Here is how to calculate how much you will lose by delaying:

Multiply the number of months delayed, by your expected compensation.  

Example:  You delay 6 months at 3000 per month (100 %).  That is 18,000.  Can you afford 18,000?  I can not.  Delay it by how ever much you can afford.  For me, I cant afford 3000 so I cant afford to delay it a whole month.  If you are independently wealthy and dont need money, then delay it as long as you like.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Moderator

Since you have not gotten the decision, you "might" get away with adding this to your original (TBI) claim.  Definately, dont wait for the decision.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines