Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Talked To Va 1800#

Rate this question

Michelle

Question

Hello Everyone:

Well to recap a little: I currently SC at a combined Rating of 70% (really 90%, 60% for Nerve Damage in all extremities and 30% for PTSD).

I reopened my claim in Nov/05 for an increase due to the PTSD getting worse and asked for IU and T&P. Today the VA Rep told me that my claim was completed but she couldn't see all of the screens however what she could see is that they left the Nerve Damage at 60% and increased the PTSD to 50% which equals 110% but VA's Math wouldn't that be 90%? The VA Person said I have a combined rating of 80%. But she stated that she couldn't see the full rating only portions of it. She said something about from Dec 05 to ? (I wasn't really listening) I'll get $1800 and something and then she listed other dates and amounts which didn't make since. It's only Myself, My Husband, and one child so I looked at the chart and the figures don't match so I'll have to wait until I get the letter or call back when someone can tell me what it states completely.

Has anyone ever heard of VA awarding someone a Total Combined Rating of 80% and not granting IU or T&P. I have not been working since Oct/05 due to the PTSD primarily but the Nerve Damage as well and I did ask for it but I don't know if they addressed it. Don't they have to say something about Denied for IU or T&P?

Michelle

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Michelle, Berta and all,

This is probably going to piss some people off, but IN MY EXPERIENCE the pople who answer the 1-800 number are slightly less intelligent than oh, say a broom. For the most part they contradict themselves, answer questions without knowing the facts, have little or no knowlege of CFR 38, etc etc etc.

Example.. I called them and said "Hey I think you all may have made a mistake and are underpaying me"

I explained why, and I and the person on the line read thru CFR 38 and the pertinent section. She disagreed, and went and asked someone else. They disagreed.

I filed a claim, 1 & 1/2 typed pages explaining why I tought a mistake had been made... 21 days yes 21 days later I received a letter stating I was right. A week later I was backpaid.

Generally I dont even bother with the 1-800 number... they are mouth breathers.

So, wait until you get the written rating. I know its hard but just try and be a little more patinent, its almost done.

By the way 60% = 60 with a remainder of 40 50% 0f 40 is 20... 60+20 is 80 and that how it adds up to 80%... I'm betting on TDIU as well... I'd put money on it.

Thanks SixthSense:

I sent you an email to your personal email address on the same subject and other things as well. You are right about the 800# because she really confused me.

Berta and Everyone at Hadit, I really appreciate all of the talks and helping me and all of the other veterans. The waiting can kill you more than anything. Berta, so many people want to donate money to the website, maybe you should post a address for everyone. As soon as I know about my rating I wanted to send something.

Thanks Again.

Michelle

Michelle-TBird started this site-

I am just a volunteer here-

I think there is a way to donate through pay pal on the home page or send her email and she will tell you where to send a donation.

You are so right- I think the chronic waiting that they force veterans to do has a stressful and detrimental affect to them-and adds to their disablities.

Yesterday I thanked a vet rep 800 guy many times because he treated me like a person-

I sure raised hell with 2 of them last month and said I would complain to Nicholson-but I never did-it would hold up my claim-he sent my last letter to him to Buffalo RO and it had NOthing to do wth my claim-it was about Blue Water AO vets-and my file was put into the Congressional area until I squacked-

I wondered -what if a vet new to the system got the woman who started to question my right to file a claim-I told her that the VARO never questioned my right in 4 years and suddenly she thinks she can.

Then the idiot who said I call many times a day and usually everyday- I was astonished at that-

it was not only a lie but I asked him where in M21-1 or 38 CFR does it say how often a claimant can or cannot call the 800 #-and since they do not document calls how would any rep know who called how many times.

I gave crap right back to these 2 vet reps- and never did file a complaint- but yesterday I was reluctant to even call after 3 weeks- and the vet rep was real nice to me and here there had been an update so my call was justified.