Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Talked To Va 1800#

Rate this question

Michelle

Question

Hello Everyone:

Well to recap a little: I currently SC at a combined Rating of 70% (really 90%, 60% for Nerve Damage in all extremities and 30% for PTSD).

I reopened my claim in Nov/05 for an increase due to the PTSD getting worse and asked for IU and T&P. Today the VA Rep told me that my claim was completed but she couldn't see all of the screens however what she could see is that they left the Nerve Damage at 60% and increased the PTSD to 50% which equals 110% but VA's Math wouldn't that be 90%? The VA Person said I have a combined rating of 80%. But she stated that she couldn't see the full rating only portions of it. She said something about from Dec 05 to ? (I wasn't really listening) I'll get $1800 and something and then she listed other dates and amounts which didn't make since. It's only Myself, My Husband, and one child so I looked at the chart and the figures don't match so I'll have to wait until I get the letter or call back when someone can tell me what it states completely.

Has anyone ever heard of VA awarding someone a Total Combined Rating of 80% and not granting IU or T&P. I have not been working since Oct/05 due to the PTSD primarily but the Nerve Damage as well and I did ask for it but I don't know if they addressed it. Don't they have to say something about Denied for IU or T&P?

Michelle

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Really other than the increase it means very little, she could not see other screens.

In my case I had a rating of 90%......I got two seperate awards, the 90%, and the next page I got the IU P&T award, so I would not worry about it until you accually get the award letter.

If you have a SO, then they could look at it again as they are notified before you are.

• HadIt.com Elder

Your best bet is just to wait for the official rating to come in the mail.

You asked;

"Has anyone ever heard of VA awarding someone a Total Combined Rating of 80% and not granting IU or T&P. I have not been working since Oct/05 due to the PTSD primarily but the Nerve Damage as well and I did ask for it but I don't know if they addressed it. Don't they have to say something about Denied for IU or T&P

Sure, the VA can award, for example, 80% but deny IU and T&P. The evidence has to show that you are unable to obtain and mantain a substantial, gaiful occupation due to one's servic-connected disabilities. You'll justhave to wait for the offical rating to see what is what.

Vike 17

Thanks. I have a VSO but just within the last month or two. I have done everything by myself up to this point. I have the American Legion and we sent their POA in over a month ago to VA but no one has put it in the system so they can't read or access my stuff yet.

Thanks though.

Michelle

Michelle, did you file the formal TDIU form? (21-8940)

Otherwise the VA should infer the TDIU issue- they might have, but might not have -

It would be best to get the hard copy decision from the VA as the PCs do not have much info- I am surprised you got what you did get from the 800# rep.

Speaking of 800 number reps-

Last month two of them gave me a lot of crap -one questioned my AO claim and said I had no basis to file it and the other one said I call sometimes 5-6 times a day (this is a lie) and they cant work my claim if I keep calling them.

I am writing to the VBA about this-

90 % of the time I get fairly accurate info without any BS but this was right before Christmas - 2 calls over 2 weeks apart just for the status of anything and these two reps stepped way out of their bounds.I have their names and will report this-

have any of you had poblems like this around the holidays?

I know they are overwhelmed but this was 11 AM so by 4 PM they were probably just brutal to some of the callers-

The RO does not need these people-nor the expense of the 800 number lines- just give us PC access via our c file numbers to the VACOLS and the COVERS screen and we can determine the status ourselves.

Berta:

Thanks for responding. I did File the formal TDIU form so I should be getting the actual letter anyday now. But as far as calling the 1800# that is what they are there for and I wouldn't let it discourage me in the least. If you call five days a week they shouldn't be rude and say they can't work your claim if your continually calling. These are two different people the one that answering the phones and the ones that rating your claim.

Personally I think a lot of them don't need to work at the RO because they don't know how to show compassion, or good customer service.

Thanks again, Berta.

Michelle

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta,

That is realy discusting, who are they to question your right or anyones right to file any claim, as far as calling, it does not matter.

We all know 3 calls , 3 diffrent answers. Like you said give us access from the net, but that would be to easy, we know uncle sammy will not employ the Steve Jobs, or Bill Gates, or listen to any realistic idealist thinking.