Rate this question

steven13081

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 hours ago, steven13081 said:

I ordered my complete medical history from records management center, It did not contain anything from my deployment. Are these records elsewhere or do i need to request them specifically maybe ?  thanks.   

deployment was Afghanyland 05/06

Did they send you a cd or a paper copy of your service medical record?

What branch of service were you in?

Hi Steven,

It appears that you were in the Navy.  When you got out, did you transfer to any reserve component?  Sometimes those records get kept at former units/state headquarters.  Also, did you request your records through eBenefits?  Or did you write a letter?  Are you looking for service treatment records or your personnel file?

16 hours ago, steven13081 said:

was in the Army 03/06, came on a cd.

I don't mean to frustrate you, but have you gone through it page by page?? It would be hard for anyone of us on here to know what's on it without looking at it. You'd have to go over it again and tell us.

My CD has over 4000 pages, it includes everything used for claims purposes. This is called a C-FILE.

What are you planning to claim?

22 hours ago, I Work There Now said:

Hi Steven,

It appears that you were in the Navy.  When you got out, did you transfer to any reserve component?  Sometimes those records get kept at former units/state headquarters.  Also, did you request your records through eBenefits?  Or did you write a letter?  Are you looking for service treatment records or your personnel file?

Steven was in the Army. 

I dont know what you mean by 'records management center'......

Have you tried 

https://www.archives.gov/veterans

You can file the SF 180 there-

You will need to print off the bar coded thing, (unless that method has changed) , sign it, copy it, for your records , and send it ,with a proof of mailing to the address the form will direct you to.

Ask for copies of all of your Service Medical Records as well as your inservice Personnel file.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I faxed in the sf 180 to the appropriate destination and got cd back with what looks like most of my records besides anything deployment.

They wanted to send me home due to severe asthma symptoms and i declined and requested medication to help me cope. I took inhaler, pills and a dry powder inhaler.

All i have in my records is 2 medication refills for inhaler post deployment.   Maybe this will be enough of a link since i still need meds and have a few trips to emergency room.

About that c-file though,  You only get that once you start claiming stuff right or does everyone already have it ?