Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Some Help Please!

Rate this question

markr62

Question

hello to all u vets on this forum. i am new in here.id like a little help from someone?

i was in the ct national guard 242 engr bn in stratford ct but now i reside in maine.

i did get a honorable discharge. and i am trying to get my vet status going. i was injured.when i was

in traing. i did go to ft dix in nj only for 2wks i was sent home because i did not meet the armys

weight requirements. i did all i could to gain it but no luck. i did not have any active duty. but i was

in for 2yrs 8 months and 24 days thats what my seperation paper says i did achive the rank of pvt

id like to know if this still makes me a veteran i have had a lot of lawyers tell me that i am and one told me thank you for sevrving my country. i myself have been to the va here in this state i just recently got my paperwork going .i did have it once before but i guess i was listening to the wrong ppl

i have been through my local congressman.and he can only do so much. im hoping i can get atleast

10% but that might look iffy. i am hopeing that because i did not have any active duty. that i might not get anything i am on disability from the social securtiy am i am getting 100% benifits from that.

this might be relted to the injury i got whiel i was in the guard. yes i have been to alot of drs.

but does anybody know if i will have to go to the va?which here it is called togus i hope somebody can anwser this question i have. i also wonder if i get any ribbons or anything i know i can get one for haveing the honorable discharge. plus i can get the vet plates for our car. but i need to know if there is anythign else. thanks abunch any help would be very gratefull.

mark

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Sounds like their generic form letter-

do you have the exact wording of their last denial?

there last denial was back in 1992. like i said i just reopend my file with them.

and the recent letter i got was jan.2007 and my claim is beening looked at right now