VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where Are You Private Gonzalez, A-2-4, Basic Combat Training, 1979, Fort Knox

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

Mr. Gonzalez, If you ever see this.... I witnessed a personal assault against you by a Drill Sergeant after you collapsed from what appeared to be heat exhaustion while running PT.

I witnessed this Drill Sergeant grab you by your boot when you were lying semi-conscious on the asphalt and drag you down that paved, hot asphalt road with your head and face dragging along on the asphalt.

While this assault was being perpetrated, our unit was ordered to run circles around you while this animal was dragging you along on the asphalt of the road, head down.

This helpless recruit was moaning in agony and I remember him sobbing.

All the while, the Drill Sergeant was screaming at you and threatening more bodily harm. 

We were forced to run round and around circling you, watching this abuse, powerless to stop it.

I was horrified by what I saw.

I didn't know you personally but I made a point to get your last name off your uniform during the incident  in case I could possibly be a witness if ever there became a way to hold this Drill Sergeant accountable..

What happened was brutal and wrong.

If there is a God in heaven, I hope this man reads this blog.

I am willing to provide a buddy letter in your behalf if you are suffering mental health problems from the egregious act..

Edited by 63Charlie

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I know what you mean 63Charlie  the mental abuse was bad enough but certainly not hands on physical abuse I think a lot of us  (now veterans ) witness such action back in boot camp, it should have been reported back then and not some 30/40 years later, being now days I doubt very seriously he will see this post (maybe he will) but not knowing where he was station at and name of his unit  its like trying to find the needle in the old Hay Stack.

I sometimes think about some of  the actions of the Drill Sargents   back in boot camp  the way they treated some of us....but what can we do about it now? its best not to think about things like this  it only makes us anxious and distorts our way of thinking.