VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disabilty % Increase Request

Rate this question

mrstix

Question

Good morning to all.

What is the process of requesting an increase in my rateing? I am currently 50% and with my latest MRI

it is very possable acording to my Tricare PCM my neck pain is a result from my lower back service connected injury.How do I start the ball rolling on this request? Will there be another C&P exam, or will the board take the opion of my apointed Tricare Doctor and latest MRI results showing damage to my C-5,6,7

with spinal stenosis? All of your help will be welcomed.

Thanks to all and have a good day.

mrstix

US AF (Retired)

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Mrstix

Just write the VA a letter saying that your disability has gotten worse and you request an increase. You are going to need a strong report from your doctor to make the linkage between you back and neck. Your doctor is going to have to explain how your neck problem is secondary to the back. A statement like "very possibly" is not enough in my opinion.

Guest jstacy

It would be better if you knew what exactly to ask for. Have your tri Care Doc do a range of motion test on your neck and record the results. The VA regs are based on Limitation of motion. ( Invertabratle disc Syndrome) The Doc should clarify the stenisis, Also get any reports from radiologist who read the X rays.

Then compare the range of motion results the other doc does and look it up under th e VA regs. This will indeed help.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are SC for the lower back it will take some rationalized medical opinion to explain how your LB pain is connected to the neck since from what you say you are not SC for the neck. That almost sounds like a new claim. I am sure the VA is going to want to know exactly how your LB pain caused or aggravated the neck. I think if you go for an increse in the lower back they won't even look at your neck during your C&P exam . If is like if you got shot in the foot and your lower back started to hurt you will need a doctor to explain the connection in terms of cause and effect. You don't want to give the VA wiggle room so they can attribute your neck pain to other causes such as natural progression of a pre-existing disease process. Knowing these bastards they will look first for alternative causes of your neck pain.