Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DAV Representation with my appeal

Rate this question

TMannfish

Question

So I had the DAV representing me at my BVA hearing in Washington, that's been 9 months ago.  The board has made their decision and my claim has been with the RO since May.  I spoke with a DAV rep yesterday and he informs me that I was granted P and T on May 09 and that my case is waiting on 1 more signature before its paid out. When I ask him where he is getting this info he tells me that its all in my file that he is looking at on his computer.  My question is this... Does the DAV have access to info like this in their system ??   I know I won 1 appeal for IU but was waiting to hear if it was going to be P and T and I have 1 remand still out there.  According to this DAV rep, I got the P and T that I was hoping for but I hate to put much hope and excitement into that not knowing if he actually has access to that.  Funny thing, he gave me effective dates, percentages, dependent info... Unless he was looking at the real thing, he could not have had this info.    OPINIONS Please and Thank you

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes they  can see all this information on the VBMS via Computer.

( Veterans Benefits Managing System) 

Congratulation on the IU  &  the P&T

You should get an ''Unofficial Letter From the DAV Before your award packet arrives at your home.

Waiting on the last Signature could very well be correct ,this must be a large Retro Amount. 

Check your Bank Account daily Retro $$  it usually arrives before your Award Packet   Also known as the BBE. (Big Brown Envelope)

Again Congratulations on your Win.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

40 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Yes they  can see all this information on the VBMS via Computer.

( Veterans Benefits Managing System) 

Congratulation on the IU  &  the P&T

You should get an ''Unofficial Letter From the DAV Before your award packet arrives at your home.

Waiting on the last Signature could very well be correct ,this must be a large Retro Amount. 

Check your Bank Account daily Retro $$  it usually arrives before your Award Packet   Also known as the BBE. (Big Brown Envelope)

Again Congratulations on your Win.

Yes Buck52, its 7+ years of retro.  That gives my mind a little ease... I knew he had to be looking at something official because of all the info he had.  Thank you much