VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

21-0958 still valid in 2019?

Rate this question

Justaskpat

Question

I was all set to use the 21-0958 for for my NOD when I happened to notice the decision I am disagreeing with said to use 21-0995. I looked up 21-0995 and it said it's the "new and improved" faster response form. If there is such a thing as a "faster response" form, I'd like to use it. The 20-0995 makes it sound as if it can be used for both CUE and NOD. I need to submit multiple of both and I don't want to screw it up. Have any of you use this form? thanks

Use the form the decision says.  This is not a great time to try to reinvent the wheel and use a different form than the one requested.  While The VA does not always comply with their own regulations, they expect "you" to do so.  

16 minutes ago, broncovet said:

Use the form the decision says. 

Thanks for your response. That's what I was thinking too. I just got confused because most of the things I'm reading only refer to the NOD form. I just read something that says if the decision being appealed was dated prior to 2/19/2019, use the NOD form; if dated after 2/19/2019 or after, use the 20-0995 form. So that's what I'll do. Most of my stuff will go on the NOD form, one or two will go on the new form.

On 8/18/2019 at 11:29 PM, GeekySquid said:

can you tell me where on the form or instructions you see CUE?

I don't believe it says CUE anywhere. I read on a VA site if the decision being appealed was dated prior to 2/19/2019, use the NOD form 21-0958; if dated after 2/19/2019 or after, use the 20-0995 form. No where did I see "if you think we made an error, use this form". The new instructions that came with the recent decision were general and vague "if you would like to request a decision review", as in - for any reason, disagreements, error, etc.

1 minute ago, Justaskpat said:

I don't believe it says CUE anywhere

thanks for answering that is what I thought. Several posters have had different forms rejected and if i remember correctly several had tried to file cue on this one and had it rejected for being "the wrong form".

But there is no "form" for CUE in the doc library as of yet. Maybe someday.

Thanks again.

On 8/18/2019 at 1:58 PM, broncovet said:

Use the form the decision says.  This is not a great time to try to reinvent the wheel and use a different form than the one requested.  While The VA does not always comply with their own regulations, they expect "you" to do so.  

Sir, you hit the nail on the head.