VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sorry I've been away

Rate this question

Indy_CV62_OS

Question

Well, Appeal was finally Certified 8 Jul 2019.  Since then, va.gov says my Appeal is with the Judge.  Also filed new claims for Hearing Loss, Tinnitus and Asbestos Exposure.  The Appeal is kind of parked right now due to my request for my C-File.  While processing, the BVA called my Lawyer about a similar request in 2014.  My Lawyer made the request but Phil VARO failed to honor that request.  So, the Board is taking care of those requests.  This buys me some time in order to get fresh chest x-rays and see private lung doctor.

As I was going through my stuff, I'd came across something that would help my Appeal for SC Collapsed Lungs.  Then I looked at a 2013 chest x-ray report and saw "mild apical pleural thickening" and "Abnormality - Attn Needed".  Looks like the VA doc in 2013 goofed.  Pleural Thickening may be Asbestos.  On my ship in the yards, they had me grinding up floor tiles.  My research says those tiles were Asbestos.  If I can get the Judge to SC the collapsed lungs, that would be a huge victory.  In the meantime, I'll be getting hearing aids that are programmed to help with Tinnitus.  Seems that I had spent too much time above the Flag Bridge, behind the cats with only sound powered phones.

I have been over at VBN...there are some peeps there who actually worked for VA.  Any helpful information from here or there and other places can only help.  I hope everyone here is doing well.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

On 8/21/2019 at 12:25 PM, Indy_CV62_OS said:

Pleural Thickening may be Asbestos.

Keep in mind that asbestos is a cause of mesothelioma. Those trust funds are irrespective of VA determination and VA cannot reduce your award just because of a meso award.

If that applies to you, then apply.