VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cant agree on diagnosis

Rate this question

hume0351

Question

I have a remand from the BVA for ptsd that I have been fighting for since 2012. I put in claim in 2012 and have had 2 c and p exams stating I don't have ptsd, but I have been seeing psychiatrists at my local va hospital who all have said I have ptsd. I have been seeing psychiatrists regularly since 2012 when my primary care sent consult. I have been through 4 psychiatrists since and all have diagnosed me ptsd. One even wrote a letter for my appeals explaining my symptoms and her reasoning why I have ptsd. This last week the va sent me to a psychologist to get me started in another ptsd group because my social worker is retiring. This psychologist then tells me I don't meet criteria for ptsd even though I meet the combat stressors. In her opinion I have severe anxiety and major depressive disorder. She even stated the anxiety and depression could be military related. My appeal was remanded in May 2018 and I am still waiting on my court ordered c and p exam. Now I have a psychologist stating no ptsd even though I have multiple diagnosis from 4 different psychiatrists. How is this going to affect my claim? 

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

If you have a decision of anxiety and depressive disorder or something of the like it can be rated the same as PTSD.  I have depressive disorder and PTSD but they will only rate me for one disability since all mental disabilities are rated together.  Did your C&P's list in-service mental disorder or service connected for your symptoms?  Please if you can redact and post your C&P's and we can better assist you.

It looks like you are already pretty familiar with the VA in that you have a court ordered C&P.  Keep up the fight.

No nothing has been service connected yet. This last psychologist said my anxiety is probably caused by military service, but she did not put that in her notes. 

If you are a combat vet your stressor is assumed.  These yokels are really giving you the run around.  You have an in service stressor, a chronic disability, and all you need is the nexus.  I would ask your psychologist to put in writing what she said before you C&P and see if that helps.  Otherwise you might need to lawyer up because they have you in the hamster wheel going no where.