Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Flat Feet-sinusitis- High Blood Presure

Rate this question

mymissie

Question

On Jan 6,1992,This Veteran filed multiple claims,which were all Denied. He did not continue his claims.

Today,He asked me to look at his Claim. This is what I found. He joined the Navy at 18,served over 4 years,honorably discharged. On his Seperation exams,showed these items, (1) HBP-with(3) readings on discharge exam. (denied, saying pre-exiting.( He sent,at that time his complete medical file-shows NO sign od HBP present before service!!

(2). Flat Feet. Diened! Said that it was from Birth. ( On his service records,he complains of flat feet) Pain--- No mention of FLAT FEET in entrance exam.Claim Dienied!!!

(3)Sinusis- Many complaints of problems during service,and thousands of $ in medical bill after service,operation on ears caused by Sinusis,Hearind problem( Tinitts)-Ringin in ears---- [[u]u] EVERY THING ELSE WAS DENIED--------- EXCEPT FOR SINUSIS[/u].----!! Never any ruling given!!!!!!!

NOTHING WAS EVER DECIDED-IT WAS LEFT OFF THE - Rating Decision Completely missed this, SO-O-O!!

(A). IS THIS STILL AN OPEN CLAIM ON THE SINUSITIS?????

(:lol:What about the other,Flat feet? They did an Exan,an took him to serve his country!!! He did so,an was in the Gulf, on Roosvelt--with all the oil smoke-poison! So What are his Options???

© And his Claim for HBP! I have read his pre-service Medical record. It is Only ONE(1) Page long.One Dr.-- Never treated for HBP. Never. I do not know where they found this to be pre-exiting. Option ???

Please jump in-I NEED ADVICE!

Sorry,but my Brain does not work like it use to,before all I been through!

Here I go AGAIN. Lets see,in 1992 Vet filed for 8 issues,and 6 were DENIED, 1 (0)% But NUMBER 8 was left out of the Rating Decision (Completely). No mention was ever made,nothing was ever said,as if he had never applied for SINUSITITS

yet all the issues were filed at the same time,BUT JUST NEVER RECIEVED - gotten an Answer-Award,or Rating. (NOTHING)

--- So it this still an OPEN CLAIM ???? ---

Th (Vet) had Cluster Strokes-Missed by VA- they did MRI-but he had eaten so they could not do the next one,with contrast. There was never any follow-up on it. Years Ago. That is why he is so insistant on getting Answers now,that he can understand-work with. (hope this helps explain posting)

Edited by mymissie

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Also be advised that if the Veteran has any heart related issues that can be attributed to hypertension it is also service connectable as secondary to HTN.

John

Edited by jbasser

Nathan-

Say what???

"was denied for tinitus. It is only noted in my service med records at my exit exam"

If you had the MOS that would give anyone tinnitus-( Combat or airplane mechanics, turmak work, etc etc- along with this on your discharge physical- I am astonished that they denied you-

did they give you any C & P at all?

"Th (Vet) had Cluster Strokes-Missed by VA- they did MRI-but he had eaten so they could not do the next one,with contrast"

say what on this too!!!!

Do you mean the vet has been treated by VA for his health care and suddenly cluster strokes show up on an MRI?

The HBP could have caused these strokes-

I believe you mean transcient ischemia causing brain infarction (mini strokes) that could have further disabled him- like with memory problems, balance and co-ordination problems-

perhaps he has no residuals but if he does-

VA should have found out what was causing these strokes (probably the HBP)and should consider any residuals as secondary if the HBP is SCed.

That is a very odd decision-

I am curious too-

on the MRI- what would eating a meal have to do with MRI of brain?

Maybe something to do with swallowing the contrast material?

Does he have any swallowing difficulties? that to indicates a stroke residual problem.

Maybe not ratable but still-if you get his complete med recs if I were you I would check out how long he had HBP in any critical readings and then see if the meds he takes is actually enough dosage for the HBP-

reason I say- long story but the VA as part of their malpractice on my husband-had given him a HBP med with a dose so low that it had contributed to his death by not preventing many strokes he had.It was a meaningless dosage.

Lots here you need to give a good look to---in his med recs-

If the VA did not properly treat his HBP and that caused his stroke problem, that is basis for a Sec 1151 claim in addition to the direct SC claims.

Edited by Berta

"Th (Vet) had Cluster Strokes-Missed by VA- they did MRI-but he had eaten so they could not do the next one,with contrast"

say what on this too!!!!

Do you mean the vet has been treated by VA for his health care and suddenly cluster strokes show up on an MRI?

The HBP could have caused these strokes-

I believe you mean transcient ischemia causing brain infarction (mini strokes) that could have further disabled him- like with memory problems, balance and co-ordination problems-

perhaps he has no residuals but if he does-

VA should have found out what was causing these strokes (probably the HBP)and should consider any residuals as secondary if the HBP is SCed.

That is a very odd decision-

I am curious too-

on the MRI- what would eating a meal have to do with MRI of brain?

Maybe something to do with swallowing the contrast material?

Does he have any swallowing difficulties? that to indicates a stroke residual problem.

Maybe not ratable but still-if you get his complete med recs if I were you I would check out how long he had HBP in any critical readings and then see if the meds he takes is actually enough dosage for the HBP-

reason I say- long story but the VA as part of their malpractice on my husband-had given him a HBP med with a dose so low that it had contributed to his death by not preventing many strokes he had.It was a meaningless dosage.

Lots here you need to give a good look to---in his med recs-

If the VA did not properly treat his HBP and that caused his stroke problem, that is basis for a Sec 1151 claim in addition to the direct SC claims.

Berta, The Tech just said that because of eating prior to testing,that he would not be able to get necessary pictures. They just never re-scheaduled

to re-do test. Only found out about mini strokes when they took CAT scan a couple of months ago. The Doctors Never told me about the results,but only read it when I got a copy of my file at Hospital. She was not my primary at that time. That is why I am having problems with my memory- Dr. now has me on both Aricept-10MG a day & Namenda 10MG 2 times a day. About 2 months now.

Yes,its affected me,loss of memory,drop foot,and left hand trimbles an is weaker.

Nathan-

Say what???

"was denied for tinitus. It is only noted in my service med records at my exit exam"

If you had the MOS that would give anyone tinnitus-( Combat or airplane mechanics, turmak work, etc etc- along with this on your discharge physical- I am astonished that they denied you-

did they give you any C & P at all?

Berta, I was a helicopter pilot. My service was recent, no combat time. I did get a c&p which consisted of hearing test. My hearing is fine. Just the high pitch ringing. I plan on filing a NOD. I just never knew it could also be caused by my hbp or sinsitis. I just assumed it was from working around the turbine engines for a few years.