VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ALL VA medical records online have vanished

Rate this question

rgpadr

Question

My husband, Marine Korea, Camp Lejeune, received 100% disability for kidney cancer, then VA cancelled it saying not enough proof.  Can't be biopsied due to congestive heart failure and location of small tumor and radiologist and urologic oncologist have stated he has renal cell carcinoma.  There are CTScans. He appealed.

Now ALL his medical records from the original disability claim and the appeal, all filed by the local VA rep. have disappeared from his online file.  This was confirmed today by the VA dr. who did his yrly. checkup.  He could not find them either and said it is very difficult to delete the files and they are gone; showed me the empty screens.  For those that are wondering his medical for the cancer was done at outside source because he has retired medical insurance from NYS and medicare.

Has anyone heard of files disappearing this way and what have they done about it?  We live in Bayfield, CO, 4.5 hrs from Albuquerque, NM and 7 hrs from Denver?  I do have copies of the relevant files. 

Thank you for any help,

Bob and Alice

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

VA doctors don't usually enter things into the VA benefits system, they are two different things. If they were connected like that the VA benefits people wouldnt have to ask us to gather and submit evidence. What/where did your doctor check? If it's your local VA then the record problem is on their end. EBenefits should have a record of every claim filed if your records are try go.e they wod not be there either. VA doctors can't access ebenefits. 

4 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

VA doctors don't usually enter things into the VA benefits system, they are two different things. If they were connected like that the VA benefits people wouldnt have to ask us to gather and submit evidence. What/where did your doctor check? If it's your local VA then the record problem is on their end. EBenefits should have a record of every claim filed if your records are try go.e they wod not be there either. VA doctors can't access ebenefits. 

I had looked in file when lawyer told us files where not there. I did not see them either. I did call VA and they said they could not see them either and rep gave me number of regional privacy officer in Albuquerque as she thought this was a major issue of some kind.  This seems so bizarre and could not find when googling anything like it that I turned to this forum to see if anyone here had heard of entire disability med file vanishing.