• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

A decision may have been made, but you cannot infer a win or loss from that. Preparation for notification is when they go over everything, look for anything that could have been missed, update codes in the computer, write rating decision letters, stuff envelopes, mail them, etc... 

At this point, your claim is still in the VARO hamster wheel. It is normal for the status to potentially bounce back and forth between "gathering evidence" and "preparation for notification". It can be frustrating, but it's the way the system works.

Be patient and check your mailbox as you would normally. While waiting on my decision I was very anxious, but managed to keep my mind off of it through work, hobbies and other distractions.

I hope you get good news!

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Brenabehan, I too welcome you. Vync's advise is sound. You may be receiving a decision soon, or, maybe not. No way of knowing. If it is at the rater, and we don't know that for a fact as that is just what someone told you, which may or may not be true, the rater can kick it back for more info in order to give you a complete/accurate rating, he/she may need more info. Check ebenefits daily if you must, but it truly is not unusual for a claim to go back and forth. Point is, don't get your hopes up too high that you have a decision coming in tomorrows mail. By the way, that is where you get the accurate info, in an official  letter with official letterhead in writing. Not ebennies. Hang in there, and good luck. If you have an issue with the decision, come back and ask for advise.