• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Stretch,

Let me see if I can get this clear.

My predictament.

I sent the AMC complete copies of my personel records, (Administrative Records) May 7, 2006 and then again July 13th 2006.

The Archives September 18, 2006, electronically sent a letter to the AMC that there no more medical records to be found at the Archives in my name.

Some how or some way, the AMC lost both complete copies of my administrative records requested by the BVA remand.

In November the AMC places their order for the Personnel records to receive an email from the Archives the veterans records are lost.

January 22, The AMC tells me this and I immediatly call the Archives to confirm that they are lost. Yes, they are lost and will turn up sometime.

I asked the AMC what did you do with the two copies that I sent to you. Their reply,we have no record of receiving them and your claim is being held up by the rater waiting for them.

I immediately say, well I have two copies, that I sent to you in May and July.

They reply - Fax them to us immediately.

I faxed them and the AMC has acknowledged receipt of the fax.

Now, does it sound like they they are ready to go.

Does this fax of all of my administrative records that I faxed from the Virginia Department of Veterans Affairs suffice by VA law?

There are just some things that I read, that I get lost in.

Thanks,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine

• HadIt.com Elder

And......

I was remanded so that the AMC could get copies of my SSDI award.

So, I contact the local SSA office. Then I go down to that office and get copies of my so-called "award" (it ISN'T an award, BTW, it is simply MY MONEY) but anyway, I mailed this to the AMC.................they still kept telling me that they didn't have my SSA records, so I FAXed them the SSA records.............they still kept telling me they didn't have my SSA records...............soooooo, come to find out, they didn't want MY COPIES of my SSA................even though the copies were sent with a little form letter from the SSA stating that these were my records and that they were "true and correct" copies................so, even though they were FAXed, or mailed, or whatever..........they still wouldn't work for the VA.

Like, I guess, they don't trust me, like I'm gonna alter these records just to get a few bucks outta the government..................and spend the rest of my life in Levenworth.

• In Memoriam

Josephine,

The argument about the Fax on the site, that holds the discussion below, was in 1991. It is very confusing and actually sounds like the VA General Council is a multiple personality.

What I have learned is that faxes are acceptable for most all information, except where the originals are required. In my Social Security investigation the SS required the Original copy of my DD-214. SS told me that they would mail it back and they did do this.

My Congressman got copies (FOIA CNO) of my ships logs, from both ships, and he sent them to me. I faxed the copy to the VARO. Recently I was told, by the VSM assistant, that they finally received the ships logs from FOIA CNO duplicate. It appears to me that the VA is requiring Redundant information, but that the VA will not accept Redundant information from the Veteran. SShhheeeesss.

Sometimes I think that the VA uses double-talk and double-standard to discriminate for various purposes. Sometimes, what the VA says may be true, but at other times it is untrue. If you call the AMC, or the 800-827-1000 number you will be given false information, or nothing (Mystery Caller).

This different standard shows up in awards from Various different States VA's. Several Senators and Knight Ridder have pointed this out in detail.

• In Memoriam

Veterans stonewalled between the planned indifferences of the VA and DoD.

http://veterans.senate.gov/index.cfm?FuseA...ases&id=898

At the Committee’s January 23, 2007, hearing on VA and DoD Collaboration and Cooperation, I asked Deputy Secretary of Veterans Affairs Gordon Mansfield and Under Secretary of Defense Dr. David Chu why so little progress has been made in developing a joint EHR (Electronic Health Record). Deputy Secretary Mansfield responded, in part, that VA was still trying to determine the feasibility and justification for what was needed. Under Secretary Chu followed by noting that it was not entirely clear what was really meant by electronic health record and what it should contain. It is astounding to me that, after the many years when this was supposed to have been a priority for action, the two Departments seem little closer to reaching the goal of a joint, shared EHR.

• HadIt.com Elder
Josephine,

The argument about the Fax on the site, that holds the discussion below, was in 1991. It is very confusing and actually sounds like the VA General Council is a multiple personality.

What I have learned is that faxes are acceptable for most all information, except where the originals are required. In my Social Security investigation the SS required the Original copy of my DD-214. SS told me that they would mail it back and they did do this.

My Congressman got copies (FOIA CNO) of my ships logs, from both ships, and he sent them to me. I faxed the copy to the VARO. Recently I was told, by the VSM assistant, that they finally received the ships logs from FOIA CNO duplicate. It appears to me that the VA is requiring Redundant information, but that the VA will not accept Redundant information from the Veteran. SShhheeeesss.

Sometimes I think that the VA uses double-talk and double-standard to discriminate for various purposes. Sometimes, what the VA says may be true, but at other times it is untrue. If you call the AMC, or the 800-827-1000 number you will be given false information, or nothing (Mystery Caller).

This different standard shows up in awards from Various different States VA's. Several Senators and Knight Ridder have pointed this out in detail.

Stretch,

Thanks a bunch!

I called the AMC and one of the telephone people, really nice guy, by the name of Liddel, took those Administrative Records and logged them in and placed them in the computer and placed them in my file. This is showing up on the computer now, when you call the AMC.

I know what you are saying about the AMC. What an experience that I have had.

I sent the first set of the administrative records to the AMC the 6th of May and again July 13th. I just found out this week, that the archives had sent a notice to the AMC that they could no longer locate my records. The three month search would be up the 3rd of February and the game would have been over, as the AMC was ready to tack on" Exhausted all search of locating those records.

How dirty can they get ? It has been a fight all the way.

I did get them faxed on the 24th to find out today that my "suspense" date is before the 8th of February.

To me that is a strange name for something.

To make a long story short, now my file is complete and hoping for a postive answer after 30 years.

This mess all started with my locating the Psychiatric Records in 2004, that the VA never acquired.

I don't know if this retro for me or not, but it has been the biggest mess of a fight since that date.

Again, many thanks,

Josephine

Edited by Josephine