VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

More Blue Water Navy info from BWN

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.oldbluewater.com/

The archives there have been of great help to many and the two new site links are there as well.

Please pass on to any Navy veterans you know, who served during the War, that if they have an AO presumptive ,and they serviced within the 12 mile limit of the coast, they will receive equitable processing as with all incountry Vietnam veterans, due to the momentous decisions that past tear ( Procopio and HR 299).

If they were denied in the past for an AO presumptive due to no 'BOG', whether that VA decision was an award for something else, or a denial for the presumptive, the decision should contain a rating, as NSC for the denied  AO presumptive ( but it might not) and that decision could potentially bring them a large retro check.

They should check here first to see if their ship is on the AO Ship's list ( but even if it isn't they should dig out their deck logs to see if their ship was within that 12 mile limit during the war.

The October 2019 ship's list is in this forum as well as link to National Archives, if they need their deck logs- because NARA has many, deck logs available,  listed by ship, at their site.

The AO ship's list ( Oct 2019) could grow even more and I will post if I get info on that.

If you know of any Blue Water Navy widow, they too should be advised of Hr 299 and Procopio.

VA said ,months ago, they would not be going through claims  files that could indicate a veteran would now potentally be considered for AO due to their BWN status- But they ARE doing that- I only hope that if the veteran's file shows they are deceased, that their spouse will be notified with the same type of letter that Navy vets are getting.

Edited by Berta
ice,snow, sleet

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

On 11/8/2019 at 8:43 AM, Berta said:

http://www.oldbluewater.com/

The archives there have been of great help to many and the two new site links are there as well.

Please pass on to any Navy veterans you know, who served during the War, that if they have an AO presumptive ,and they serviced within the 12 mile limit of the coast, they will receive equitable processing as with all incountry Vietnam veterans, due to the momentous decisions that past tear ( Procopio and HR 299).

If they were denied in the past for an AO presumptive due to no 'BOG', whether that VA decision was an award for something else, or a denial for the presumptive, the decision should contain a rating, as NSC for the denied  AO presumptive ( but it might not) and that decision could potentially bring them a large retro check.

They should check here first to see if their ship is on the AO Ship's list ( but even if it isn't they should dig out their deck logs to see if their ship was within that 12 mile limit during the war.

The October 2019 ship's list is in this forum as well as link to National Archives, if they need their deck logs- because NARA has many, deck logs available,  listed by ship, at their site.

The AO ship's list ( Oct 2019) could grow even more and I will post if I get info on that.

If you know of any Blue Water Navy widow, they too should be advised of Hr 299 and Procopio.

VA said ,months ago, they would not be going through claims  files that could indicate a veteran would now potentally be considered for AO due to their BWN status- But they ARE doing that- I only hope that if the veteran's file shows they are deceased, that their spouse will be notified with the same type of letter that Navy vets are getting.

I filed the 20-0995 the VA asked for 

I looked in my VA claims and appeal and it said

Claim for Regulatory or Procedural review received November 4 2019

November 21 (Status-Evidence gathering review and decision

Details Claim type

Regulatory or Procedural Review

What you claim

Malignant growth of the genitourary system (Prostate Cancer) is denied (Supplemental)

Date Received.  November 2019

It also says date of decision April 6 2019

Maybe you can help me understand this.

I have never seen a Regulatory or Procedural review claim on Hadit

Thanks so much

I am stunned- then again I have never heard of this type of Regulatory or Procedural Review  ever....

It might be because of the Stay on BWN AO claims- there should be a procedure to follow when you get the formal letter----

I assume the VA has proof of your AO disability and proof of your exposure on a AO ShIp within the 12 mile limit-and that is what I understood from your posts.

Please confirm that and I will ask my NVLSP contact person about this--------

Edited by Berta

12 minutes ago, Berta said:

I am stunned- then again I have never heard of this type of Regulatory or Procedural Review  ever....

It might be because of the Stay on BWN AO claims- there should be a procedure to follow when you get the formal letter----

I assume the VA has proof of your AO disability and proof of your exposure on a AO ShIp within the 12 mile limit-and that is what I understood from your posts.

Please confirm that and I will ask my NVLSP contact person about this--------

The VA has all my medical records and I sent them a map of longitude and latitude in March 1970 showing them we were within the 12 nautical miles. I would have thought that would be all thats needed

Me too------- I am trying to contact NVLSP at their email addy bluewater2019@nvlsp.org/

I dont know if that addy is working yet- I suggest that you try to contact them at that addy as wel

I am sending a copy of the info you just posted-from the VA ( ebenefits I assume?)

if their email for BWN isn't working yet- I will contact the NVLSP  lawyer there directly- 

It is bluewater2019@NVLSP.org     no backslash- I think their web site made a typo

will let you know what I hear back from them.

I suggest that you also contact them directly.