VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA RAMP

Rate this question

KC3

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

After six weeks, I would assume it should have been there already. They might be waiting for a docket number to be assigned. It might be worth a call to 1-800-827-1000 to check. Perhaps they can take a peek and let you know where it is at.

Vets.gov, and ebenefits are notoriously unreliable, so they may or may not be.   You "should" get a letter from the BVA acknowledging receipt of your appeal.  I filed an appeal to the BVA in March, 2019, and did not get a letter until August 7, 2019.  

You can "see" the progress on your claim if you have a VSO or attorney with VBMS (real time) access.  

Did you mail your appeal to the BVA or to the VARO???   That makes a difference, you can create a logjam for yourself.  I deal directly with the BVA when I can.  I dont send stuff to Janesville, and "hope" the VARO will forward it to the BVA.  

This is a good time to make sure your ducks are in a row.  

1.  Read this (scroll down to AMA BVA):  https://asknod.org/2019/02/24/ramp-screw-me-twice-shame-on-me/   Check to see you had the correct form, and check to see if you mailed it to the right place (the BVA).  

2.  Hopefully, you kept a copy of the stuff you sent BVA.  It may be too late to get a copy now, however.  

3.  Did you fill the form out correctly?  You need to tell the BVA which kind of appeal you want, with or without new evidence, with or without a hearing.  If you forgot any of those things go directly to jail and dont collect $200 for passing Go.  (Ok, dont go to jail, but send the BVA a letter explaining your choice, above, if you did not already do that.)

4.  Did you do a good job filing your appeal, hopefully explaining HOW the VARO got it wrong, and how the evidence supports the Caluza elements (if you are going for SC), or if you are going for an increase in percentage, why you meet the criteria for a higher percentage.  I dont suggest offering "your opinion" but instead cite your doctors exam statements, the VA's own statements, regulations, fast letters, etc.  And cite the decision especially how you dispute the reasons and bases.  

5.  Make sure you sign and date it.  Keep a copy.  

Thank you Vync and Broncovet. My VSO helped me and then we sent to my representative out of the regional office. (Probably cost me a month) I will go through the checklist you provided. 

If you missed anything on the checklist, dont wait to fix it, send BVA a letter.  You can "add evidence" if you are missing, say, an IMO.  You mail or fax the "new evidence" to the BVA.  One example would be if you did not have a valid nexus (after checking your medical records).  Get the nexus and send it to the BVA.  

Just wanted to give an update on this. I received a letter from the BVA saying that they received my 10182 but states "VA had not made a decision in the modernized system for the issues that I identified in request"

"If I have a different understanding of the course of events please notify the board ASAP so appropriate action can be taken". I did this through RAMP so there would be no Statement of the Case or Supplemental SOC issued. 

I called the BVA and put in a complaint for the letter basically calling me a liar. A supervisor is supposed to call me in the next 2 days.

The VSO, who helps me says he might not be able to help me with this. He always sends it to the regional office who represented me in HLR and later the BVA if I get there. They are not working right now or ignore my emails. 

This is the third issue I have had in the last 2 years that has set me back with theVA. Do I need to get a lawyer or contact a lawmaker for help? 

Edited by KC3