VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any New AO Diseases Added to Presumptives

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Has the VA added any new AO presumptives to the list as of this date?  I think they are trying to time it so that they add new conditions when we are all dead.  This would be perfect financial management by the VA.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I don't think anything new has been added since the list was last updated online September 2019. Berta would have been all over it. Last I heard there were three new conditions being considered, but the VA did not appear to be in a hurry to approve them.

https://www.va.gov/disability/eligibility/hazardous-materials-exposure/agent-orange/related-diseases

Edited by Vync

Right- nothing new - except the "sufficient" association of AO to Hypertension in the 2018 NAS report.

I filed an accrued claim on that already.

As member JBasser correctly reminded us- if the VA has deemed your HBP as "essential" meaning 'no known cause', and you are a AO exposed veteran, now you have a cause for it- AO.

"The Board finds the the January 2019 VA medical expert opinion persuasive as it considers the facts of the Veteran’s case and most recent NAS update and provides rationale for the opinion provided. Therefore, as it the January 2019 VA medical expert opinion finds that it is likely that the Veteran’s currently diagnosed hypertension is related to Agent Orange exposure during service, service connection for hypertension, as due to herbicide exposure, is warranted."

https://www.va.gov/vetapp19/files3/19117992.txt