VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is my rating correct if not is it a cue or ?

Rate this question

ruby

Question

I hope this is in the right place.

I've decided to ask for increase in Sc conditions plus ask for a couple of secondary claims. Decided to see how I was rated my decision is very complicated.  My only concern was I serviced connected  for arthritis in all joints and back and granted 100% so I didn’t pay attention to the decision.

I asked for TDIU in 2010 the DRO stated it was moot as I was 100% secular.  I’ve added my Disability ratings up and I do not get 100%.

my ratings are 70, 30, 20, 20, 20, 20, 10, 10, 10, 10.  This comes to 94.356 from my understanding that’s not 100%.  Am I wrong?  I have 9 additional 0% that should have been rated at least 10%, 10 years ago, now they should be much higher I’ve had 28 epidural injections in my back, plus my hands and knees.  Recently had a discectomy.  My 30% I think is worse and would be rated 60% now.

My question if I apply for increase and 2 secondary conditions.  Can the VA say oops your not 100% and you owe back pay as I did get mid 5 figures for back pay.  Even though the TDIU was moot because of the secular.  I can’t lose this income so I’m thinking of not asking for increase but I need SMC.  I use a walker and a scooter given by the VA for my ambulatory issues arthritis and other nsc issues ( threw a clot during surgery). 

if I apply I’m sure I will need help with forms it’s been almost 10 years since I applied for anything

Thanks for your thoughts.

Ruby

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

First of all if the VA made a previous error in calculating your ratings level, pay level and or a diagnosis you do not owe any back pay due to their CUE error (if any).

Any time a vet files a claim, a claim to reopen or ask for an increase in a rating level then the VA can and sometimes does order up a C&P exam to review one or more of your disabilities to see if your conditions has worsened or improved.  It is a risk many of us take on recurring basis.

Best bet is to find an experienced and MOTIVATED VSO located at a regional office as they are paid full time "professionals' to assist you with your issues.

My information is not legal advice of any kind.

Edited by Dustoff 11

The Hadit calculator says 94.356.  I just did Hill and it said 100 so I’m confused.  I just don’t want for them to say you owe us.

thank you Broken and Dust.