VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Increase rating however ...

Rate this question

12BRAVO

Question

Hi Everyone!

good news is I got my increase from 70 to 90. I got the year back pay as well. This was in Jan of this year. My ebenifits shows new rate. I even got my deposit for back pay. Here’s my question , the direct deposit coming in on 31 Jan still has old rate. So will the new rate for 90 percent come in next month ? Is this normal? I figured I’d see the new rate now since it’s all updated in ebenifits 

thank you 

4 answers to this question

For whatever reason, you don't get the increase in pay for the month that you actually got it. For example, you got your rating in January, your Feb1 (Jan31) payment will be for whatever rate was in effect in Jan. Your 1MAR payment should reflect the new rate. Dependant pay may be a little different- Im waiting to see on that myself since my son is a student but moved back home and was added again this month. We'll see if that makes it to the payment on 31JAN, but im assuming that the increase wont show up until 1MAR and any backpay will encompass whatever the amount 'would' have been in January. 

Clear as mud? LOL

Great posts by Deborah and broken soldier.  Great information!  I may try the phone number in Janesville, you certainly cant get "real" information from either ASK Peggy or your VSO.  

Of course, I dont know about MY VSO, because he never returns phone calls, ever.  He returned an email, that he had to have poa to answer my question.  So, I made him my POA and never heard from him again..never answering questions by email or phone calls.  

According to ebenefits, he "prepared a brief" for me.  I have no idea how he did that, considering I spoke "zero" words to him.