VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CRSC question

Rate this question

dapilgrim

Question

Are gray area reserve retirees eligible for CRSC I am age 55 retired 2003 from army national guard. . Is arrhythmia ( rated 10% from gulf war) considered a disability that would be eligible for CRSC .

Edited by dapilgrim

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, dapilgrim said:

Is arrhythmia ( rated 10% from gulf war) considered a disability that would be eligible for CRSC .

You conditioni would have to be caused by an instrument   of war ( such as a Jeep or other government property that was created to wage war) or it would have to be caused by an injury during war. In my  opinion unless you could prove it was caused as explained above  you would not be awarded CRSC. 

I am not sure  who you would apply to being a member of the Army National Guard, but it seems to me you would submit your application and medical evidence to the CRSC under the Secretary of the Army.

I don't know how arrhythmia could be caused by war,  as I am not a doctor, my suggest is to submit your application and let those that know make the determination. 

Also, if you  are approved, it will be awarded based on the 10% va award, and no more. It would be tax free, and the amount awarded could not exceed your actual retirement from the Army National Guard. If it is less that your actual retirement you would receive the rest of your retirement - the 10%.  

In your case  it seems like the only benefit to applying would be a tax free check  .

Best of luck

We have considerable info here under a search as to CRDP and CRSC and this link has the eligibility requirements and more info on these benefits:

https://www.military.com/benefits/military-pay/special-pay/comparing-crsc-and-crdp.html