Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Really concerned about referral

Rate this question

awgv001

Question

I knew it may be too good to be true to get a referral back into Neuro so soon...

So I found out today, after short research on who I will be seen by, I'm being sent to a (less than) 2 star Neurology office in TN - with an MD with almost 40 reviews and his personal rating is a 2.8/5...Now I obviously may have a chance at a decent experience as every encounter I have had has been different. I don't expect to get a 5 star anything, but when a majority posts how you spend little time speaking with this individual, and how they scribble out information and attempt a variety of prescriptions...like, I know I gotta let them do their work, whatever that entails, and they should also have access to all my VA medical info for review right? I'm going to bring copies of my evidence, some of which I planned to bring to my hearing whenever that happens.

I honestly don't want any of that except for scans or perhaps something to counteract the double vision if possible...I have had diagnosis since 2016 for TBI from the director of the VA office in Decatur (STILL NOT SC'D, awaiting BVA hearing) and several residuals/secondaries (migraines, tinnitus, double vision, balance disorder), and I'm hoping to just sit with the guy, get paperwork filled out (TBI DBQ), and get an impression on my TBI and its secondaries...I have already dealt with "bad" Neurologists that pick and choose what they want to tackle, or record. What options do I have? I'm thinking about calling TriWest again to see what other options are available...

This scares me. I want IMO's, and a rather extensive DBQ done, not to become a test subject, or a punching bag.

Edited by awgv001

Just now, vetquest said:

OK.  I hope that you can get to this doctor and have him write up a DBQ.  Since he knows your history and has seen you have you contacted his office to see if he can do a DBQ from his records without seeing you.  I now understand your other question better now.  Since he has seen you and treated you he should feel confident doing a DBQ without you there.  If he is not than that is a pickle.  If he is not willing to do a sight unseen DBQ can you afford to see him?  I know that taking a thousand or more dollars and travel is a pain but it would be worth it if it brings you to 100%.  I had to spend $2500 getting my two IMO's from a doctor but got a little over $100K back in benefits using the IMO.

He's a VA Neuro, so it's no issue for me to go and see him other than the travel into Atlanta. The nurse I spoke to let me know that it may require a new workup since it's been a few years, but I won't know if I don't ask 😉

The thing is, with a TBI DBQ it expands into several other questionnaires for the possible secondaries...for which I have printed off 6 of them...Tbi first, expands into Thoracolumbar Spine, Headaches (including Migraine), Male reproductive organ, eye conditions, and ear conditions - though the last one is mainly in regard to tinnitus. I didn't have that before the TBI.

I most likely will have to see him for ROM tests at least.