Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Depression secondary to Tinnitus

Rate this question

1454th Solider

Question

I want to know if anyone has had success in winning depression claims secondary to Tinnitus? It has effected my life to point there is no relief unless I’m sleeping, my ears feel full all the time and I can’t concentrate on anything due to the alarms going off in my head. 

Edited by 1454th Solider
Missing word

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes  member broncovet has I believe?

or maybe hearing loss caused his Depression  or vise versa I am not sure? but he has 100% for hearing loss and 100% for depression  but had to fight for the 100%hearing loss

You would need a qualified Dr to give his opinion that tinnitus is or can be related to depression or vise-versa  you need a Dr to Nexus the two.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

I have mdd secondary to hearing loss.  "IF" your doctor stated that your mdd is "at least as likely as not" secondary to your tininitus, then you should get it.  Are you hard of hearing?  SC for hearing loss?  This may make more sense, to get mdd secondary to hearing loss, if you are sc for hearing loss.  

2 hours ago, broncovet said:

I have mdd secondary to hearing loss.  "IF" your doctor stated that your mdd is "at least as likely as not" secondary to your tininitus, then you should get it.  Are you hard of hearing?  SC for hearing loss?  This may make more sense, to get mdd secondary to hearing loss, if you are sc for hearing loss.  

Thanks for you reply, I was granted Tinnitus and denying bilateral hearing loss although my test proved hearing loss the doctor said it was not enough to even get a 0%  rating. I’m stealing fighting for it. My psych doc has diagnosed me with depressive disorder and his rational/nexus states it’s triggered by my constant tinnitus. My tinnitus is so bad, I often have embarrassing panic attacks.

Edited by 1454th Solider

• HadIt.com Elder

1454th Solider

Appeal the hearing loss decision  , its normal the VA denies hearing loss the first time .

go get a private hearing test  have them to go by the VA Hearing test guidelines  and use the Maryland CNC word test

make sure the Audiologist is state license and board certified.

TO GET ANY KIND OF RATING 10% OR MORE YOU NEED TO BE DARN NEAR DEAF....HOWEVER THIS IS WAY BACK WHEN I DID MY VE HEARING TEST...

I UNDERSTAND THE  VA AUDIOLOGY DEPT IS MAKING CHANGES THE WAY THEY CONDUCT HEARING TEST NOW DAYS.

I AM NOT SURE WHAT ALL IT CONSIST OF BUT I DON;T THINK YOU HAVE TO BE PUT IN AN iSOLATION BOOTH ANY MORE.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!