VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Completing VA form 20-0996 - HLR (Revising the Form)

Rate this question

Mike 3932

Question

I received a Rating Decision Letter on 02/19/20, denying an increase. I completed the form requesting a Higher Level Review. VA sited three reasons for the denial. I only addressed one of the issues denying my claim.

I faxed HLR on Friday 04/03/20. Is there a way to now, address the two other reasons. Is there a form or procedure to address the two other reasons. Thanks.  

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

As a part of the opt in a veteran can go for higher level review “HLR”The disadvantage is that no new evidence will be accepted after the opt form is submitted

If you wish to submit new evidence then you have to switch to the supplemental claim lane instead of HLR

The veteran can request an informal telephonic conference. If the veteran is unsatisfied with the HLR then they can either file a supplemental claim with new and relevant evidence or file an appeal to BVA. On the supplemental claim if a veteran wants to appeal that then they can file a HLR, file another supplemental claim with new and relevant evidence, or file appeal with BVA.

WITH THIS CORVID -19 GOING AROUND  ITS DIFFICULT TO GET IN TO SEE THESE PEOPLE  LIKE A DRO HEARING,  MAYBE THE TELEPHONIC CONFERENCE  OR A VISUAL CONFERENCE 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@Mike 3932 Welcome to Hadit!

As @Buck52 indicated, the type of form used depends on if you are submitting evidence or not. As long as you are not submitting additional evidence, you could always submit a statement in support of claim explaining why you think the VA screwed up the other two reasons.