VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dewayne

Rate this question

Dewayne2004

Question

Night stalkers Don't Quit 

Filed PTSD claim back in Dec. 2019. Today logged in to my account on VA.Gov and found this Request 1 Optional - We’ve asked others to send this to us, but you may upload it if you have it. PTSD - obtain Investigative Reports.

Should i be Concerned? I file a complete claim  with stressors  and a Award: Air Medal with v device for same time period of combat. 

Edited by Dewayne2004

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Dont sweat it.  If you click on it, it may show what is missing, and you can upload the document if you have it.  Otherwise, its "someone else's" job to upload some information.  I dont know what it is, military service records or something.  

Did your stressor actually  involve "Investigation Reports"

This veteran had already been service connected for PTSD and the claim is for some other disabiities - however the decision states:

"The Veteran served on active duty from January 1966 to June 1969, including service in the Republic of Vietnam. For his meritorious service, the Veteran was awarded (among other decorations) the Air Medal with "V" device."

and

"Review of the Veteran's service personnel records reflects that he was awarded an Air Medal with "V" device. The service personnel records also show that the award was given to the Veteran for heroism in connection with military operations against a hostile force, that the Veteran had "a day long encounter with the enemy forces," and that "[r]epeated low level runs were made utilizing only the door guns, due to expending of heavy ordnance and intense enemy fire." Under 38 U.S.C. § 1154(b) (2102), a combat Veteran's assertions of an event during combat are to be presumed if consistent with the time, place and circumstances of such service. "

https://www.va.gov/vetapp18/files3/1813465.txt

It is quite possible that VA might want to have a copy of the Citation that prompted the Air Medal with V devise as the "investigative report".I have had experience with PTSD clams since 1984 and never saw the VA use that type of phrase before, unless it involved MST or perhaps a 'bad paper' discharge.

Are you sure your DD 214 has ALL of your awards on it???

The Air Medal with V devise , that I assume is from combat, should definitely garner you a PTSD award.

However I found this article on the change to "V "device awards-

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2017/03/30/12-military-awards-now-eligible-for-new-c-and-r-devices-and-2-no-longer-rate-a-v/

It might be reason that the VA wants more info on that award you have.

I found a vet at BVA who told the VA he had the Air Medal with V device.

And had been diagnosed with PTSD.

The veteran however only offered a photo of the medal- and had no proof at all that he had ever engaged in combat.

Edited by Berta
added more