VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Next step after BVA grant

Rate this question

Army57978

Question

Hi. 2 weeks ago I noticed on va.gov that my appeal says granted but I know that really means little and I am potentially a long way from the finish line. I researched the forum and know what to expect now but could not find an answer to these questions:

1. My appeal was for an increase in rating from 0% to 50% for one issue. My SC date already showed the correct date back to the beginning of my claim although at 0%. The only thing my appeal asked for was the rating increase on 1 item. Usually, after BVA I know it goes back to the RO to figure out a rating but since my appeal was for a rating do I go back to the RO as well, or is there a different box for the kind of decision?

2. Also, I was granted to be advanced on the docket for homelessness. Does that only apply to the BVA ruling or will that follow me through the rest of the process and somehow expedite that as well? 

Thanks

4 answers to this question

• Lead Moderator

Ok so advancement on the docket means the whole process is speed up.   What that means is it will move a bit faster.

As for the RO it will have to go back to the RO to apply the grant.  This will take what it takes, but they do tend to move faster when someone is facing homelessness.  

It should apply to both the BVA and to the VARO.  However, VA is already supposed to expidite BVA awards/remands.  And they dont always do that.  Does the local VA where you live know you are homeless?  They are supposed to help.  

Like yourself, I was "about" to become homeless in 2005, but narrrowly avoided it. Not BECAUSE of VA, but in spite of Va.  My local housing center got me a very low income apartment..I think it was about 45 dollars a month and that included utilities.  VA didnt care that I was about to become homeless, in fact, their delays caused it.  Had they provided my benefits in a timely manner I would not have faced homelessness.  I still lost my home, but got an apartment.  

Things have turned around very well for me..I have a home..va benefits, and much more.  

32 minutes ago, broncovet said:

It should apply to both the BVA and to the VARO.  However, VA is already supposed to expidite BVA awards/remands.  And they dont always do that.  Does the local VA where you live know you are homeless?  They are supposed to help.  

Like yourself, I was "about" to become homeless in 2005, but narrrowly avoided it. Not BECAUSE of VA, but in spite of Va.  My local housing center got me a very low income apartment..I think it was about 45 dollars a month and that included utilities.  VA didnt care that I was about to become homeless, in fact, their delays caused it.  Had they provided my benefits in a timely manner I would not have faced homelessness.  I still lost my home, but got an apartment.  

Things have turned around very well for me..I have a home..va benefits, and much more.  

I agree with you about VA providing benefits in a timely manner. I really do not care about a big retro check once my claim is decided at the BVA - I would rather had the VA rate me correctly the first time.

But that is asking for too much. But even after I win at the BVA, my claim will most likely go back to the VARO for a proper rating, which can takes months to schedule another C&P exam.

Too UCB time wasted imo.