VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to file for Sarcoidosis

Rate this question

Wise Guy

Question

I currently have pending disability claims for several things to include PTSD and Sleep Apnea. I filed for my PTSD starting in December of 2019 and the Sleep Apnea starting around the same time due to the PTSD. I was tested positive for sleep apnea. This month, I just found out through the VA Biopsy that I have Sarcoidosis which now I'm on steroids for 2 months and other meds for 6. I learned through research that sleep apnea can be caused by sarcoidosis since sarcoidosis causes shortness of breath. If I file for Sarcoidosis and try to change things up by saying the sleep apnea was caused by the sarcoidosis, then the sarcoidosis may get denied seeing how I have nothing from service to relate which will deny the sleep apnea too. So, should I just file it by itself? If so, should I get an attorney to help me get it service connected? How can I get it service connected? I was going to wait until the current claim was done before filing. However, I just heard that whenever you file for something new, everything gets reevaluated so that's why I'm trying to do it now. 

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Secondaries can be granted on the basis of un-SC disabilities but you take a risk if  they don't SC the primary disability first. Unless you have a slam dunk for SA, wait and get the primary SC first, then lump all the other stuff on later. 

Its also a little easier for us to follow if you post as many of your questions as possible related to a 'thing' in one post. That way you aren't getting answers in multiple posts about the same thing. Good luck!