• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing Loss, Vertigo, Meniere's

Rate this question

kkp

Question

The following is a list of the evidence I am sending with my claim:

3. from Dr. L dated September 9, 1993.

4. Reports from Dr. L dated March 24, 1995.

5. CT scan dated 9/9/04

6. MRl dated 11/20/04.

1. Separation examination hearing test

2. Letter creating nexus from hearing damage in military to date from M.A.,CCC-A

M.A, Hearing Center dated 12/22/06 ..

7. Hearing graph from V A Hospital dated 5/10/05.

8. Hearing graph from Dr. A. , dated 8/25/04.

9. Hearing graph from --- Hearing Center dated 8/27/01.

10. Hearing graph from ---- Hearing Center dated 7/12/02.

11. Hearing graph from ---Hearing Center dated 1/1/01.

12. Hearing graph from A. ---- Jr., MD dated 9/23/92. 9. Military records dated May 1963.

13. Military records dated September 20, 1963.

14. Military records dated August 20, 1965.

15. Reports from Dr. l--- dated May 13, 1980.

16. Reports from Dr. L---- dated May 19, 1981

17. Reports from Dr. L---dated September 29, 1988.

18. Reports VA Hospital- 11/2/05

19. VA Hospital- 5/1 0/05

20. VA Hospital-1O/27/05 22. VA Hospital- 2/15/06 23 . VA Hospital - 4/10/06

21. VA Hospital- 6/30/06

22. VA Hospital- 9/13/02

I, ---------, was in the Army from 1962 through 1965 My Army Serial Number is ---------. My MOS was a rifleman for one year and a machine gunner for two years. I probably shot 1000+ ammo boxes of 30-caliber machine gun shells. My ears have been ringing since I became a machine gunner. My left ear has never ceased to ring. I have spells of vertigo dating back to 1963 but I can't prove it because only candies went to the dispensary from my outfit. My family doctor from 1966 to 1980 died and we cannot get his records but I do have records from 1980 to date that describes hearing loss, vertigo, Meniere's Disease, and all of these symptoms severe since 1985. I am presently being treated at the V A Hospital for all of the above.

At the present time I stagger, I can't ride elevators, I can't fly, and I can't ride in an automobile unless I am driving and then there can't be any curvy roads. My left ear rings constantly, I can hardly understand anything that most people say and I get sick looking at wall paper with various colors and even shadows from trees across the highway while driving. When I turn over in bed, at times I get sick. If I am startled and have to turn my head to the left or to the right quickly, I will fall in that direction. If I look up, I fall backwards. However, I can look down. I can hardly watch sports on TV because of the movements of the players in so many directions at one time plus the colors of the uniforms make me sick. I can go on but I think you get the point. My best time is sitting straight up in a straight back chair.

Sincerely,

~~~~

, MA --------- HEARING CENTER

Dec. 22, 2006

RE:---------------------

!mr. ----------------- has hearing loss, tinnitus and vertigo. Fact: MR.----------------- complained of healing loss while actively serving in the military as evidenced by his records in may, 1964, Fact: mr Persinger first cornplained of dizziness after 1 year in the military during an exam 20 September 1963. Fact: mr------ exhibited hearing loss at his separation examination. Fact: mr------------ was exposed to noise while in the Army at levels that could cause hearing loss. Fact: mr---------- was diagnosed with Meniere's disease with symptoms dating back to the Army. Fact: :Mr. ---------'S hearing has continued to decrease as evidenced by his audiograms which is consistent with Meniere's disease .

. -

It is highly probable to this daim of the nexus between service and his current medical condition. In my opinion, the currently existing medical conditions of hearing loss, vertigo, tinnitus and diagnosed meniere's disease are related to an injury, disease or event occurring during the veteran's military service.

-------------------- m.A.,CCC-A

I have a case before the rating board now, but was advised to go ahead and file this claim. As can be seen I am not to good at copy and pasting, as1 through 6 proves

The first page is a cover sheet and I sent documentatin of everything. I verified it was put in the ro's computer on the 27th of jan 2007.

I thought that perhaps this could help someone else in preparing a claim. This along with corrections by you Guys.

kkp

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

nice work. Unless the VA can find an intercurrent cause (you know, when you were a machine gunner in your civilian occupation) it looks like a good, well grounded claim.

nice work. Unless the VA can find an intercurrent cause (you know, when you were a machine gunner in your civilian occupation) it looks like a good, well grounded claim.

For what it is worth, John was a mechanic on the choppers also a machine gunner, also, on smr of high frequency hearing loss and the dr. at the va hospital when he had his C&P said no hearing loss, meniers , or tinnitus was caused by military service. We will be filing NOD on this, But I wish you luck to me it sounds like this is one that the VA likes to deny, and for the life of me I can not understand that, because the rating is not that high.

I have suffered with vertigo since around 1992. I have been diagnosed with meniere's, and benign posistional vertigo. When I filed my claim the lumped the vertigo together with tinnitus and gave me a whopping 10%. I get this crap and I cant walk for up to two weeks, its documented in my service medical record. I filed a NOD and a appeal. I got a new C&P and the doctor diagnosed me with vestibular disequilibrium. So I have been diagnosed with everything under the sun. Under vestibular disequilibrium

6204 Peripheral vestibular disorders:

Dizziness and occasional staggering........................... 30

Occasional dizziness.......................................... 10

6205 Meniere's syndrome (endolymphatic hydrops):

Hearing impairment with attacks of vertigo and cerebellar gait 100

occurring more than once weekly, with or without tinnitus....

Hearing impairment with attacks of vertigo and cerebellar gait 60

occurring from one to four times a month, with or without

tinnitus.....................................................

Hearing impairment with vertigo less than once a month, with 30

or without tinnitus..........................................

Note: Evaluate Meniere's syndrome either under these criteria

or by separately evaluating vertigo (as a peripheral

vestibular disorder), hearing impairment, and tinnitus,

whichever method results in a higher overall evaluation. But

do not combine an evaluation for hearing impairment,

tinnitus, or vertigo with an evaluation under diagnostic code

So I dont know what to think, it will get sorted out at the DRO Hearing, what I do know I am

not dettling for a combination rating of tinnitus with vertigo @ 10%. I have all the medical evidence I need

We will se how it comes out in the wash :blink:

Considering what I went through so far I wish anyone claiming Vertigo GOOD LUCK

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

What I did with this claim was to

1 put all my eggs in one basket.

2 I have read many times here on hadit, Mainly from Vike 17, and others that if the ro had all the evidence that the bva reversed cases with, they most likey have gotten afavorable decision from the ro.

3 I also sent in cat scans and mri's, This was several years ago, I had them done to eliminate the possability of a tumor in my hear or (mri to make sure there weren't any tumors on the inter ear, that would cause the same symstoms. These were ordered by specalist of eye-ear-nose who also contracts with the va a day a week. I see him there now.

4 My claim consisted of twenty two Medical reports from through the years, Dating back to the eighties, including a hearing graph from my discarge physical shoing significant hear loss during my enlistment+ graphs starting in the eighties to date shoeing hearing loss near Total in left and sixty percent in the right) That is using va regs' The Lady that did my imo used to do c&p"s for the va on the side.

5 I had all the above things done at my own expense, except periods that I had ins. I just wanted to get better.

6 I had an appointment for something else and had my smr with me. I had an appointment in audio next and th Lady ask if she could see them, and advised me I should file a claim, so upto afew months ago I didn't have a clue.

7. I took advice from here and put together every thing I had, Got an IMO and sent it in. Thats all I have there ain't no more. I will live or die with their decision.

I read Your replies and my heart goes out to each one of you who are not being treated fairly by the va, I to have my qualms with them. Hang in there and keep the good fight going.

My reason for the post was to help someone else file a claim and have you guys make correction as to where I came up short. I remember when I first found hadit I know anything, don't know much now, but just wanted to share the little I have learned with anyone new to the war.

Sounds like the Evidence filled the egg basket!

Good work -I only hope they consider all you have there-

The audiology graphs along with the discharge physical stating hearing loss could make that award easy-but the again one never knows what they will do-

I assume that the Meneniers and the vertigo are claimed as secondary to the hearing loss?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.