VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenefits updates

Rate this question

raidertone

Question

Looks like my appeal and remands dating back to 2004 are finally coming to an end. Thank God 🙂

I was already 90% IU PT before these last 3 or 4 issues with my lungs and heart. Va.gov shows the appeal granted in my favor and closed as of yesterday. Nothing on ebenefits yet, just shows the prior disabilities and ratings.

How long do you guys think the new changes will take to appear in my ebenefits? I'm assuming I will receive my letter in the next month or two.

Anyways thanks in advance for any info or opinions 👍

Screenshot_20200613-093629_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200613-093816_Chrome.jpg

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

4 answers to this question

Congratulations!

I t would appear your post above, is actually copying from ebenefits, so I guess the answer would be that its already appearing there now.  

Perhaps you want to know when the disability percentages will be altered in ebenefits, and we cant accurately predict "when" a va employee will update ebenefits since its not done on a regular schedule, but rather willy nilly.  

Ebenefits, when they do update the disability percentages will probably show an effective date that is wrong.  Instead of showing the real effective date, it will show the effective date of the last Cola.  This usually confuses people.  

A more important question, in my humble opinion, is when you will get the money.  Since this "did not say" it was a BVA appeal, I will need to assume this is some sort of either HLR or SCL appeal.  That means you should be getting your money somewhat quickly, because an additional implementation decision would be unnecessary like when the Board makes a decision.

My guess is you should get the money within a month, plus or minus one month.  In other words in as little as a few days, to as long as 3 months you could get your retro.  But no guarantees. 

2 hours ago, broncovet said:

Congratulations!

I t would appear your post above, is actually copying from ebenefits, so I guess the answer would be that its already appearing there now.  

Perhaps you want to know when the disability percentages will be altered in ebenefits, and we cant accurately predict "when" a va employee will update ebenefits since its not done on a regular schedule, but rather willy nilly.  

Ebenefits, when they do update the disability percentages will probably show an effective date that is wrong.  Instead of showing the real effective date, it will show the effective date of the last Cola.  This usually confuses people.  

A more important question, in my humble opinion, is when you will get the money.  Since this "did not say" it was a BVA appeal, I will need to assume this is some sort of either HLR or SCL appeal.  That means you should be getting your money somewhat quickly, because an additional implementation decision would be unnecessary like when the Board makes a decision.

My guess is you should get the money within a month, plus or minus one month.  In other words in as little as a few days, to as long as 3 months you could get your retro.  But no guarantees. 

Thank you. I copied the info on va.gov last night. Ebenefits hadn't updated yet. It was a bva appeal that had been remanded a couple times. Hopefully this 16 years on and off the wheel are coming to an end soon 👍🙂

Edited by raidertone

BVA appeals have to be "implemented" by the VARO.  In other words you will likely have to get "2" more decisions to get money:

1.  Bva Decision

2.  VARO implementation decision

My guess it will be about another 3months to 1 year before you see money.  It could be less than 3 months or more than a year.  

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

BVA appeals have to be "implemented" by the VARO.  In other words you will likely have to get "2" more decisions to get money:

1.  Bva Decision

2.  VARO implementation decision

My guess it will be about another 3months to 1 year before you see money.  It could be less than 3 months or more than a year.  

Thanks broncovet, that's what I figured. What's a few more months after 16 years 😳😁