VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received my documents

Rate this question

Kenneth Kimbrough

Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

DId you mail them with tracking, drop them off,  have a VSO do it, or use Ebenefits? Ebenefits is fastest- its timestamped and uploaded to your Efolder usually within 20-48 hours, but it takes the time stamp of when you clicked submit not when its actually uploaded from the server into the Efolder, so you don't lose a day or two. If you mailed, or used a VSO, thats considerably slower because they have to be hand scanned in by the mail people, and im not even sure if there are any VSOs in the country that are accepting documents because all the Regional offices for VA are closed.VSOs can't properly secure your paperwork working from home anymore than we could, and be legal about it, anyway.

The VSO's at a county office may be physically there, but all the rest of us are working remotely from home, and that's a pain enough keeping the laptop on a separate network at the house,  with a virtual private network installed etc. I have a 1 gb connection but after all the encryption and latency I get about half that (lol). The last thing I need as a VSR is physical paper documents from a veteran floating around (we don't, its an impossibility- our laptops won't accept any peripheral plugged in except a keyboard, mouse, and maybe headphones, and our email scans every email sent for personal information and flags ANYTHING with a social security number on it and blocks it unless we get approval, or encrypt it first- and thats only for internal email. I can't, for example, email something to myself at my personal Gmail account)

Edited by brokensoldier244th
clarification