Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unable To Use Any Functions When Posting

Ricky

• In Memoriam

If you are using the rich text editor, then the symbols for the buttons do not show up within the editor; the edits will show up within the post though. I use the standard editor because I am familiar with the symbols.

I am not sure, but it could be that permissions, to use the editor with all functions, is being disabled either by yourself or someone who has access to turning permissions on and off for the functions. I don't have access to permissions control. If you do not want to see the symbols, select Rich text editor and practice in the Test Forum, remember to delete your practice post. Highlight the area that you would like the function for and then select the function.

post-167-1170733055_thumb.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Switching between the editors would be fine. However, it will not even allow me to do that! Oh well guess I could add my own symbols and text such (ricky's smiley face :-) ) Ha! looks like it works to me what do you think hahahahahahahaha

• In Memoriam

Ricky,

Some browsers wont let you use controls within a web site unless you allow ActiveX drivers.

McAfee throws up a warning that the ActiveX controls are going to be used. I have to allow the ActiveX files to load into my browser. It could be that you are denying ActiveX in your browser.

• 3 weeks later...
  • In Memoriam

Ricky,

I know that this is a little late. Jesse James, said that his skin selection (Lower Left) was set to larger text, and that this selection would not allow him to use the controls. You should select the default IPB 2.2.0 Default, if you would like to use the text controls.

I had posted about this a long time ago, but I had forgotten that this was a problem. Sorry we couldn't get that to you sooner.