Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Agent Orange presumptive disease legislation

Rate this question

GBArmy

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Looks like there finally is some progress in getting 3 of the 4 new Agent Orange  presumptives approved (bladder cancer, hypothyrodism, Parkinsonism.) There is a major push to get HR566 and S332 included in the massive 2021 National Defense Authorization Act. Problem is, they negotiated the big one out of the bill, that is hypertension. Htn was recommended the strongest by the National Academy of Science, as having the most pressing rationale to be included. Now, who says "money talks"? But, not to worry; I'm willing to bet that the Congress will have another committee to study and then report on it! We shouldn't complain either. It's only been 50 years and these things take time. (Census data says 523 Vietnam veterans die every day!) Are you Gulf War and Burn Pits veterans paying attention? This is what you have to look forward to for the next 30 years or more. 

2 answers to this question

GPArmy=I posted some BVA awards ( AO HBP) as well as remands , in the AO forum , and filed a claim myself ( accrued)for HTN caused by AO exposure.

The veterans who have succeeded already at BVA, used the 2016 NAP (IOM) report I used too, and there is a link to the report in the AO forum.If any Vietnam incountry veteran has documented HTN ( HBP) and if the VA has deemed it as " "essential" meaning medically,they had no idea of the cause-  and they have a rating for it as NSC, or even if they dont, they should definitely file a claim.This goes for Blue Waters too I would think,if they fall under  under HR 299, or Procipio.

I sent some time ago a letter too Secretary Wilkie making a strong case for AO HTN to be a presumptive as well as any vet with AO IHD awarded, who also had had an ischemic stroke, their stroke should also be presumptive to AO.

The secretary promised long ago that he would make a decision on these new potential presumptives, but he didn't. It is a shame that affected veterans now have to wait even longer for the possibility that this will be determined via Congress.

The VA is Not the enemy of veterans.  Time is.

Thanks for posting it- I got it yesterday , but had some work done on my PC ,and could not get back here , because I upgraded to Gen 5 Hughes Satellite access and might not be here much untii the new modem comes.next week.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

GBA, per Stars and Stripes email I just got, they are considering hypertension as well.

https://www.stripes.com/news/veterans/congress-to-finally-consider-adding-four-conditions-to-agent-orange-list-1.637928

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.