VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NPRC To Begin Phase One To Reopen

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Phased Reopening of National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020.  While it was closed, a limited number of essential staff continued to report on-site each day to service urgent requests, such as those involving homeless veterans in need of shelter, medical emergencies, and funerals for deceased veterans.  

On June 24th, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening.  To ensure the safety of its workforce, social distancing measures have been instituted which limit its operating capacity to only ten percent of its normal staffing level.  Despite the low staffing levels, its operations have been disrupted on multiple occasions due to exposures of staff.  As the pandemic continues to spread in the local community, additional disruptions are expected.

In Phase One, the NPRC is continuing to service the emergency requests described above, and will soon expand its service to include time-sensitive requests from veterans for records needed to secure VA home loan guarantees and employment opportunities.  The NPRC  will also resume servicing routine requests from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for the temporary loan of original records needed by the VA to adjudicate veterans’ benefit claims.  These expanded services are planned to begin on August 3, 2020.

https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records-0

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Well good. I’m glad I heard it somewhere. I don’t have to log on to Nprc very often- many of the vets I work with are young enough that their records are already digitized, and I haven’t gotten an email about it either. I’ll log onto them today and see what their internal page says.