Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I'm Back!

Rate this question

rickB

Question

After a long break I am back on hadit. Last time I posted, I was 70% PTSD, 10% tinnitus, 0% hearing loss. I am looking to push to 100% PTSD. Still working, but it is taking a toll on me.

I just had to take a break from the VA stuff for a while. After the move to the new board format, I had run out of gas. Will have to look around for Berta, Pete, Flip, Mike, etc. to re-connect.

post-2041-1171024437_thumb.jpg

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

5 answers to this question

Rick- it is so good to see you back!

Mike Harris still helps vets- but he left hadit- so did Flip-----

This stuff can burn a person out completely-

I had to set limits a few years ago-local vets, and a few claimants from my vet orgs were overwhelming me-

Then when I re-opened my claim- that too has been a difficult and long ordeal-

Rick-we cannot allow this stuff to control us-

a claim can get a life of its own- and become too time consuming-I say keep it simple-

we are dealing with VA employees that only skim through the stuff anyhow-

On the 100% do you mean TDIU? have you sent them the formal TDIU form # 21-8940?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder
After a long break I am back on hadit. Last time I posted, I was 70% PTSD, 10% tinnitus, 0% hearing loss. I am looking to push to 100% PTSD. Still working, but it is taking a toll on me.

I just had to take a break from the VA stuff for a while. After the move to the new board format, I had run out of gas. Will have to look around for Berta, Pete, Flip, Mike, etc. to re-connect.

post-2041-1171024437_thumb.jpg

Nice to see you back. Nice ride, too! Magoo is still alive and kicking but dealing w/some personal problems. Tom Mercer is well but moved on. The board has changed and to me, too much. Hang in there. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Rickb

Welcome back the Board has changed but it is still the same. New people and some old ones but Veterans still helping Veterans.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

On the 100% do you mean TDIU? have you sent them the formal TDIU form # 21-8940?

Have not done a thing, yet, Berta. I may wait until I stop working in a few years. I can 'retire' from work in about 3 more years. I have been on my current meds for the past 3 years and the mix works for me. However, I am caught in this trap where the meds enable me to keep working, at a cost due to the side effects, and work hits most of my triggers. I struggle with depression in spite of the meds. If I take heavier doses, I am pretty useless.

My VA clinicians have been trying to get me to get out of the business (I support a war gaming facility....this week we were doing chemical wars....ugh....by Tuesday I was a complete mess). My value to the facility is my clearances. The workload is light, and I work a schedule where I am off every other Friday. However, the special clearances expose me to all kinds of crap that triggers my symptoms. Kind of a catch 22.

I like the people I work with, we do have some fun. I get paid well. The work load is less than any other job I have had, much less work load stress. However, I am butt deep in the GWOT and WWIII/IV. Its a critical job, a necessary job, but it does not have to be me doing it, I suppose.

Speaking of butt deep, Berta, I expect you are over your head in snow up there in the Wild north?

Howdy to all. I did miss you, but not the turmoil........one war at a time!

........rick burk

OK- still on the job- I now see what you mean about the 100% schedular-

Rick- at least I dont live in Oswego-they have snow covering their vehicles with more to come-I am below Rochester-

and aside from the below zero temps- we have not had a lot of snow yet-

I hear you on the job stress- war gaming is 'projected reality'-

I hear from Mama Meg and Susan once in a while-Mike still hunts Elk etc-and he still does a lot for vets-too---

Pete is certainly still here and has been in the electronic vets community for over 2 decades by now I think--Alex comes by once in a while too-(DS is gone-not dead-just gone)

TBird has a nice set up here and it took some of us a while to get used to the new format but it seems to be just great-

it is wonderful to have you back!

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.