VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retrieving Info

Speaking Out

This isn't about this web site, but I have a problem and I hope one of you computer whiz's can help me. I need to try and find an email that I supposidly sent on Dec. 13 2006 to the VA. I can only go back to the beginning of January in my mail. the VA says I sent this email, but I don't recall doing so and the only address I have in my address book that ends in va.gov is for Ray Wilburn who is the executive director of the Vets commission. He does have a VA address, but he is not part of the VA. I confirmed this with him before I sent him an email. Also, the Vets Commission page clearly states they are an independent agency. I can't get the VA to produce the email, so I want to prove their accusations false. Any help? I know on TV they can look into the hard drive and pull out anything. Any help?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• In Memoriam

If it was an Iris request, question e-mail. VA sends you a link back to their page for the answer. You need to find the link to the Iris question. If you can find the link the answer should still be there on the Iris site.

I have kept the link to all of my Iris e-mails in a separate Outlook Express folder. You should print out the Iris dialog when you are finished with a particular session. It would very easy to delete the link back to the Iris answer to your question.

I just checked on one of my e-mail dialogs from 11-15-2005 and 11-18-2005, and they are still there. You could probably have the VA Iris send you the link to the page, if you can remember the date, or request that they send the link to the e-mail that they are referring to.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info, but I found the email in question and I didn't send it to a VA employee. It was sent to a VFW SO and he sent it on to a VHA VSO Liason. I gave a copy of my email I sent and the replies to my attorney. The VA had given my attorney a copy of the same email and that is the one they were sighting as being sent from me to a VA employee. I am awaiting an apology from the US attorney. Yeah right!

Speakout- I wonder why the VFW SO sent it to the VSO at the VA-

I dont know what this is about but I sure have made some strong statements to the VA over the years via email , or snail mail-

but I had plenty of evidence to back up what I said.

We have to be careful these days- due to 911 and the fact that the world has certainly changed.

As I said I dont know what your email was about-but the VA ,even if they perceive anything like a threat-will take action-and a vet rep should to-

not saying you threatened them-at all-

example- a vet friend of mine went to see his wife-she had surgery in a VAMC in Buffalo.

He was stopped everytime he brought something into the VA- like first a snack for her, and then when she asked for some clothes from home for her discharge.

He has PTSD and so many other problems he got very upset and this caused more problems with the security at the VAMC.

He called me asking me to help him complain to our congressman but the reality was

I felt the VA was absolutely right-and yet I sure know he would never bring in a bomb or anything.

Freedom isnt free anymore- we have to be willing to give up some of our rights these days.

My friend calmed down-

he realised that- it was just all the BS he went through with VA (they almost killed him and I got him 100% on that horrible fiasco-and he was worried about his wife's care but the VA was excellent on her care and this is what made him so defensive when they kept questioning the snacks and stuff.