Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fraud

Rate this question

Old 5311

Question

When you report someone for fraud YOU will also be totally investigated! Just like the IRS does.

The VA has investigators on the job, watching, monitoring, filming, doing the normal P.I stake out work watching for suspected fraud. It is normal and routine.. I see them near my residence quite often. They even practice obvious and blantant survelience to freak you out! It's probably a good job if you're looking for a career change

Edited by Old 5311

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I dont know what prompted this post about fraud but- something to watch out for-

about a year and a half ago I was emailed by a hadit member to report a vet for getting TDIU and working-

(it was from the spouse who was separated from him)

well -an email message from someone I dont know about someone else I dont know is not something I could give any credibility too-

I told the wife she would be only person who could report this if it was fraud as she had the details (she actually wanted to give me his SSA and VA number)but she backed off and said

no- she would not know who to report this too and feared repercussions----I just ignored her follow up emails-

Guess my point is-there are people out there looking to cause problems for vets that probably have no basis in fact-

I have to add this too--- yesterday I got email from amazon.com with a link that looked exactly like theirs and it said it was the Fraud Division and that my Amazon account had possibly been compromised.

I deal with Amazon a lot. I didn't use the email link but went directly to my saved amazon link and my account looked perfectly OK.

I sent Amazon copy of the email- they just emailed me that they were investigating this as it did not come from them at all.

It certainly looked like the link was legit in the email but it wasn't.

And I still get emails from pay pal, ebay and something else to update accounts that I never had in the first place.

I think this stuff starts right before the holidays because people buy stuff on line and then

think the email is an update on their orders.

I was scammed by a business by phone some years ago- the Attorney General handled my complaint and I got my money back-that is when I went on the national and state "do not call" list.

Never had a problem since.

I dont know what prompted this post about fraud but- something to watch out for-

about a year and a half ago I was emailed by a hadit member to report a vet for getting TDIU and working-

well -an email message from someone I dont know about someone else I dont know is not something I could give any credibility too-

I told the wife she would be only person who could report this if it was fraud as she had the details (she actually wanted to give me his SSA and VA number)but she backed off and said

no- she would not know who to report this too and feared repercussions----I just ignored her follow up emails-

Guess my point is-there are people out there looking to cause problems for vets that probably have no basis in fact-

I have to add this too--- yesterday I got email from amazon.com with a link that looked exactly like theirs and it said it was the Fraud Division and that my Amazon account had possibly been compromised.

I deal with Amazon a lot. I didn't use the email link but went directly to my saved amazon link and my account looked perfectly OK.

I sent Amazon copy of the email- they just emailed me that they were investigating this as it did not come from them at all.

And I still get emails from pay pal, ebay and something else to update accounts that I never had in the first place.

I think this stuff starts right before the holidays because people buy stuff on line and then

I was scammed by a business by phone some years ago- the Attorney General handled my complaint and I got my money back-that is when I went on the national and state "do not call" list.

Only reason for the post is it is information good to know. It's reality. Might help someone.

Edited by Old 5311

Berta,

That is a routine scam these days....really started with Ebay and paypal members to get your account info, but has spread to many different websites already. Any time any of us get something asking for account info it's best to call the company in question and ask them rather then replying via email:-) Kudos to you for not falling for it.

When you report someone for fraud YOU will also be totally investigated! Just like the IRS does.

The VA has investigators on the job, watching, monitoring, filming, doing the normal P.I stake out work watching for suspected fraud. It is normal and routine.. I see them near my residence quite often. They even practice obvious and blantant survelience to freak you out! It's probably a good job if you're looking for a career change

What do you think they would do if they were to see themselves in the reflection from a

6X Weaver riflescope, mounted on a 6mm magnum Ruger No1? Would that be blatant and obvious enough :(

Or you could report them to the police as doing things to themself

while sitting in their car reading dirty magazines, that's allways fun to watch them squirm :(

Arch Sgt USAF

Our VA has announced a "REVIEW" of all 100% TDUI PTSD receipients. This is because the large percent of those Vets no longer see their doc or refill their meds. This has prompted an increase in investigators. Job announcments are listed in usajobs.opm.gov/

Edited by Old 5311