Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Before Appeals Mgmt. Center Rating Board

Rate this question

vaf

Question

Has anyone had a decision rendered on a claim by the rating board at the Appeals Management Center? If so, can you give me a rough idea as to how long the rating board took to make a decision?

This was a remand issued by the Board in December of 2005.

Thanks!

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am awaiting a decision on a claim that was remanded in December 2005. ( Submitted in july 1999). So you can guess at my level of frustation. I have no idea when to expect a decision. You can contact them by phone to get a status of your claim. 1-800-258-0341. Do not hold your breath waiting for action from the VA. A slug moves faster. But don't give up, Never give up. If you have any further questions you can contact me at timr426@yahoo.com Best of luck timr.

• HadIt.com Elder
Has anyone had a decision rendered on a claim by the rating board at the Appeals Management Center? If so, can you give me a rough idea as to how long the rating board took to make a decision?

This was a remand issued by the Board in December of 2005.

Thanks!

Vicky,

My claim went to the BVA December 2006 and remanded to the AMC in Washington. D. C. May 1, 2006 and was told today that my claim was with the rater and should receive and answer within the next 30 days.

Josephine

Hello Vicki,

It may be more like 6 months to a year before you hear something. The AMC usually holds it until someone at a RO, has time to glance over it before it's denied. If the RO fails to process the claim correctly, (highly likely) it's then remanded back to the AMC where it will sit another yr or so collecting dust, before another RO is assigned to process it, & the cicle starts all over again.

Allan

Thanks all. There are two claims contained in that remand. One item was first remanded by the Board for "expeditious" resolution to the VARO in March 2001, then again in June 2003, and again in December 2005. The VARO ignored all the remand directives, never contacted us for additional information, in fact, never contacted us at all on these two issues.

We were just about to file a Writ of Mandamus after the December remand when I found out that the Appeals Management Center was finally handling the claim, instead of it being kicked back to the VARO.

I hope the AMC doesn't wait for the RO's input on this, after all, the RO had it for all those years and never bothered to look at it.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that the AMC started off as a good idea but it is now just another holding area to delay claims.

I think we've had better luck at the AMC than at the VARO. At least, the people answering the phone at the AMC don't hang up on you mid-sentence like the VARO does here. We actually get the information we ask for, as long as it's not unreasonable. We even had someone look something up in my husband's claims file and call us back! Try getting the VARO to do that here, not a chance...