Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Poor PTSD C&P by QTC - request another or wait for decision

Rate this question

Grilla79

Question

I filed for PTSD 4 weeks ago.  I had a poorly done (by examiner) virtual PTSD C&P yesterday by QTC.  Video chat wouldn't work so Doc opted for voice only.   He asked less than 20 questions, almost half were demographics.  Place of birth, parents, siblings, service dates.  Every time I answered there were long pauses of silence, up to two minutes (I started timing them).    Most questions were yes no or short answers.  Do you have nightmares? How often.  Do you get angry easily?  Break things?  Write-ups or reprimands at work?  I was diagnosed at the DC VA  in 2018, went there for therapy for over a year, then started seeing the psych at a CBOC and counselling at a vet center much closer to home.  I probably pissed him off since after about 40 minutes I said "all this information is in my VA files - don't you get those records?"   He did not answer.  The exam was scheduled for an hour. 57 minutes into it the doc said abruptly and rapidly "okay, that' all I need, thank you for your service" and disconnected.  Clearly he had another chat in 3 minutes.

Question is do I notify QYC or VA now, or wait until decision. then file NOD/appeal, etc.  For what its worth, I've been through the process several times with other issues.  I've done NODs, appeals, re-evaluations for multiple conditions, (one appeal still pending) and been about 75% successful.  As for this claim - I'm sure a lot of vets think the Doctors are incompetent, etc., but I was a psychiatric nurse for 7 years in my civilian career ( 7   years active duty , 13 years ANG) so i an confident that this guy was just running a checklist.  There's no way he could hit all the items, not even most the items, so undoubtedly some of the information in his report will be falsified. 

thank you 

Edited by Grilla79
forgot pertinent info

In ref to your job.

70% qualifies for chapter 31 vocational rehab. You can apply to the VR&E to find out if you can qualify to go back to school. I did this and they sent me to school where I got a BA. You get a stipend to boot, which pays some of the bills. Your lack of progression should be enough to qualify for this program. Can you get a letter from your immediate supervisor saying that he is protecting you? That would seal the deal IMO.

7 hours ago, broncovet said:

Congratulations!  You cant really tell what the exam report will look like until you read it.   Docs often have "poker faces", and will not reveal their "hand".  

One C and p lady was super nice to me.  She made it sound like, "Boom" ...100 percent.  That is, until I got the report.  It was just the opposite.  

The reverse, also, happened.  The doc was mmm..I dunno.  This was the best exam report.  

It almost scares me when the examiner is real nice.  Bottom line: you have to read the book to know what is in it.  The cover does not mean much.  

Yep, happened to me too.  I tell you what, you learn a lot from a C&P like this.