Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Telephone Call From Varo

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

Friday morning early my husband got a telephone call from the VARO. The person told my husband that they noticed the VCAA letter was signed but that the box was not checked.(we have 3 VCAA letters and a letter from the RO that says to rate the claim)

My husband said to this person, "well I guess there is more evidence to come since the VA just sent me two notices for C+P exams one for IBS and one for PTSD/depression. So I guess I still have evidence to submit."

He was half asleep and this was not the correct thing to say, as he does not have any further evidence, he is only waiting on the VA to finish gathering thier evidence. Should he have told them that he wants them to go ahead on rate the claim??. This is so confusing.

We have been told the claim is ready and we have been told the claim is at the rating board, and then we get C+P notices and now the phone call.

Unfortunately he was sound asleep when they called and he didn't get names or numbers. So any suggestions on what we should do???

About a month ago there was a suspense date put on the file. Yesterday was the ONE YEAR day for the original and only claim(suspense date was for yesterday). I think someone picked up the file becasue it was the suspense date found a box wasn't checked and then called the phone number and then put the file down that they had worked the file. Never once really looking to see what was going on in the file. Our one year anniversary yipppeee! :rolleyes:

We went to the ROs office and he was going to call and see what was going on and call us back yeaterday afternoon,

(Right like that is going to happen), of course no phone call from the RO.

Any ideas of what we should do at this point or just forget about the phone call?

jangrin

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Jangrin- I guess the VA phone number isnt on the caller ID?

You could send email to them via the VA web site (IRIS) and explain this-

or just a letter stating-with his signature-that he has sent in all of the evidence-does he have copy of the VCAA letter he didnt check the box on?

A copy of that with the box checked, dated, and with brief explanation might help.

WOW- they called him- they have never called me or sent me a proper VCAA letter at all- I never got any boxes to check-of well- got the fast BVA remand partially due to this legal error-

I just re-read your post-wait a minute ----maybe he did say the right thing-

is the claim they meant regarding the PTSD and IBS?

The C & P results could be critical evidence.

Now I am thinking he did say the right thing-you sure dont want a decision that does not consider all the evidence-especially to ignore results of 2 C & Ps that he didnt even have yet-

hope others here add to this with their ideas----

Both C&P's should be included as evidence to review, prior to the issuing of a decision or SOC. If they are missing & they were ordered, it could delay the claim maybe a year. It's important to get these C&P's done & sent in as soon as possible.

Allan

Technically, you do have more evidence to come. You have two c & p results to be added to the c-file. If you like you could add a note to your c-file at your last c & p stating that you have no more evidence to submit. Then when you get home send an IRIS online stating the same. That will give you peace of mind and should get the message across. I don`t think it is a big deal. I have never checked the box that I had no more evidence just in case I did come up with more down the road.

Cavman

Guest jangrin

Berta, Cavman, and Allan,

The caller ID showed the number as a blocked number.

My husband wrote a letter and gave it to the SO. I think he did pretty well explaining what was going on with his claim, and that he had one more C&P exam for PTSD/Depression.

Personally, I think the suspense date triggered what we call a "LOOK SEE". The "worker bee" opened the file looked inside and then made a phone call and closed the file again. Nothing is going to happen until that file is in the rating board and they think they have everything to rate the claims.

So far he has had or been sched. for C&Ps for DMII. which we think included DMII, Hypertention, CAD, PN and ED. Then C&P for IBS. Next a C&P for PTSD/Depression/mood.

The IBS was on the last VCAA letter. The PTSD was covered on the 1st VCAA. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to this stuff. Time will tell. After the PTSD exam we will once again push for the rating with the local SO. Nice guy but has never even asked to see the claims file. I think he is there for moral support.

Jangrin

• HadIt.com Elder

Jangrin,

By the time the other C&P exams are administered and are associated with the C-File, the 60 days that the VA was to wait for additional evidence will have more than likely passed.

If it will make you feel better, just write a short letter to your regional office stating that your husban has no further evidence to submit, and the VA will decide your husbands claims as soon as the C&P exams are before them.

Vike 17

Guest jangrin

Jangrin,

By the time the other C&P exams are administered and are associated with the C-File, the 60 days that the VA was to wait for additional evidence will have more than likely passed.

If it will make you feel better, just write a short letter to your regional office stating that your husban has no further evidence to submit, and the VA will decide your husbands claims as soon as the C&P exams are before them.

Vike 17

Yep, thats what we decided to do. My husband wrote a letter and stated that we had no more evidence and as soon as the C&P exam was finiished on the 7 of March, to please go ahead and rate the claim.

We figured the person who called understood what was happening when my husband talked to her. And she seemed very nice and friendly. I can't imagine the VA telephone staff would not have experienced this type of senerio. I trust that she documented the file appropriately.

I really don't think the VA people are unintelligent, I just think that it is hard sometimes for people to be motivated in their work when they may not feel a sense of accomplishment. I experience the same types of problems in my work with co-workers. It's called work ethic and some people are more dedicated than others. I am sure many VA employees get an ear full from disgruntled veterans. A lot of negative can get to a person after a while. Thats why we try really hard when we are at these appoinments to be pleasant and respectful. You can get alot more with honey than you can with vinegar.

Honestly, with the exception of a few things that we felt were not reported accurately, the C&P exams have gone relatively smoothly. People are not going to agree on, nor document things exactly the same. Everyone has a different view point. So to be honest I think all in all my husband has been treated very fairly for the most part.

It just seems like it takes an awful long time for things to happen.

Jangrin

Edited by jangrin