Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Deferred Claims...why?

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

In my decision it states:

We have deferred a decision on the following issues because we need additional information or evidence:

* tinnitus

* hearing loss

* gerd/hiatal hernia

I took a tinnitus c & p last December.

I sent in a great IMO for the gerd/hiatal hernia as secondary to PTSD.

I sent in IMO for hearing

I also filed for insomnia, but it wasn`t even mentioned.

Something else funny, a psychiatrist IMO, 4 letters, med descriptions etc were not even listed in my evidence list for the appeal.

Should I just forget about these claims pending?

Also, I got everything with the 70% IU P & T so what would be the purpose of appealing for 100 p & t?

Cavman

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You should consider writing a letter to the VA asking what specific information they need (Duty to assist). This sounds like they are just trying to delay until they can get their captive doctors to write unfavorable MOs to counter your favorable ones.

"We have deferred a decision on the following issues because we need additional information or evidence:"

In my decision it states:

We have deferred a decision on the following issues because we need additional information or evidence:

* tinnitus

* hearing loss

* gerd/hiatal hernia

I took a tinnitus c & p last December.

I sent in a great IMO for the gerd/hiatal hernia as secondary to PTSD.

I sent in IMO for hearing

I also filed for insomnia, but it wasn`t even mentioned.

Something else funny, a psychiatrist IMO, 4 letters, med descriptions etc were not even listed in my evidence list for the appeal.

Should I just forget about these claims pending?

Also, I got everything with the 70% IU P & T so what would be the purpose of appealing for 100 p & t?

Cavman

Guest terrysturgis

Cavman, I had HBP on appeal when I got 100% P&T. I dropped the appeal. Some here on HADIT have advised to finish the claim for various reasons including Service Connection of the HBP in case of death by heart problems. I was so burnt out winning the rest of my claim that I made the decision not to appeal.

I did get 10% tinnitus but 0% hearing loss maybe because I was with 108th Artillery. Anyhow, others will probably advise, once again I'm happy for you and your family. Take care. Terry Sturgis

• HadIt.com Elder

Goys dont give up on anything. Even if your 100 Percent. The additional percentages add up for other benefits.

If you are 70 percent IU, and you can get 100 Percent schedular, It is best to get 100 percent schedular. The Benefits outweigh the IU. You can even get a Job at 100 percent schedular.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

You should consider writing a letter to the VA asking what specific information they need (Duty to assist). This sounds like they are just trying to delay until they can get their captive doctors to write unfavorable MOs to counter your favorable ones.

"We have deferred a decision on the following issues because we need additional information or evidence:"

ed

Immediately request the info they need to decide the claim. We can create new secondary relationships where we can fold new independent citations into medical opinions that open new secondary conditions to inclusion with acknowledged symptoms. We can create the new causes we need to prevail if we properly include scientific studies into qualified medical opinions we draft for our VAMC or independent medical opinions/ Most MDs will follow our lead IF we show high competence in medical research!! WE NEED TO CULTIVATE MUTUALLY RESPECTFUL RELATIONSHIPS WITH OUR PHYSICIANS!!!

Ralph

• HadIt.com Elder

Cavman,

One reason why the VA may have deffered those decisions was due to an outside source you told VA about where possible medical records were located and they haven't yet answered the VA's request for information. Granted, you sent them some evidence already, but the VA might be just merely waiting for any request for information to play itself out before they decide those issues. It's nothing to worry about. I would just let those claims play themselves out. They will not have any affect on your recent decision of IU. Having said that, the possible additional percentages with these claims probably will not bring your overall combined rating into line for say SMC and so forth, but like I said just let these issues play themselves out, they will have no bearing on your recent award.

Chuck75,

The VA ceratianly isn't trying to obtain medical evidence to go against those issues, they have approved the IU at the 100% rate, so what logic would that have??????? There isn't a VA conspiracy!

Vike 17

Guest rickb54

Chuck,

Where did you come up with this?

Oh wait I get it ! You think that the VA delayed the process so to screw the veteran, but hey, didn't the VA award Caveman TDIU! So tell me how did they secrew the veteran.

Seem to me that just blows your theory...