Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Phone Survey?

Rate this question

Scott83

Question

Hey guys

I got a phone call from the BVA tonight. The woman was talking so fast that I couldn't decipher what it stood for and could hardly make out what she was saying, but what I did get was that they were conducting a phone survey about my service connected disability. I scheduled them to call back tomorrow so I could get youre help first.

Before I blow this off as no big deal I want to find out if this is normal and what kind of implications it will have on my benefits. What is the BVA? are they attached to the VA?

Thanks Guys

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Hey guys

I got a phone call from the BVA tonight. The woman was talking so fast that I couldn't decipher what it stood for and could hardly make out what she was saying, but what I did get was that they were conducting a phone survey about my service connected disability. I scheduled them to call back tomorrow so I could get youre help first.

Before I blow this off as no big deal I want to find out if this is normal and what kind of implications it will have on my benefits. What is the BVA? are they attached to the VA?

Thanks Guys

Are you sure that your phone call was from the BVA? You are in appeals from a denial of service connected benefits from your Regional Office and you filled out a Form - 9 for your case to be reviewed and decided by the BVA. Is this correct?

I ask this, as I am a little surprised that you ask if the BVA is a part of the VA.

I am sure that there are others that can explain this better than myself, but I was at the BVA and remanded to The Appeals Management Center and no one called me.

Did you by any chance see the number on your telephone?

Josephine

Hey josephine, thanks for the reply

no, im not in any kind of appeals process. i just googled the phone number that i called them back at (1-800-795-1888) and found through google that number belongs to the The Veterans' Disability Benefits Commission. From what i gather from their website, this is independent of the VA and wont have any weight on my benefits.

edit: the website is www.vetscommision.org

Edited by CrimsonKudu

• HadIt.com Elder
Hey josephine, thanks for the reply

no, im not in any kind of appeals process. i just googled the phone number that i called them back at (1-800-795-1888) and found through google that number belongs to the The Veterans' Disability Benefits Commission. theres a whole write up on the survey thing that i am experiencing at the following link:

VDBC Vets Survey HTML Version

from what i gather from that, this is independent of the VA and wont have any weight on my benefits. i didnt even think to look up the phone number before, so i guess this matter is all wrapped up! :)

edit: the website is www.vetscommision.org

Be careful of what you say and wait for those with all of the knowledge to respond to your question. Hang in there, they will step in shortly.

Always,

Josephine

Hey guys

Thanks Guys

I would NOT give out any info, What I would do is ask them for a phone number and tell them you will call them right back, then call you phone company and have the number checked out they can tell you who the number belongs to, also call the 800# of VA and find out if they are doing a survey, but under no circumstances would I give them any info. I would say NO this is not normal.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would be slow to volunteer any info to the VA Disability Commission that was personal. If its about them I would let them have it.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.