Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A&A For Spouse (None Veteran)

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Does anyone here Spouse get A&A For Non Veteran Spouse?

If she wins this A&A Claim?

If so how do they send the compensation? do they just add it to what I get Monthly  

I get the 100% P&T Rate  with SMC S H..B.about 375.00 monthly  and a ED claim that is service connected but no rating  they just add that to my total compensation each month Something like 138.00 monthly

I understand this A&A his for her to help her us out,   do they just leave my Compensation alone? and add whatever she gets on A&A..?

We need to know.

Anyone Know?

Thanks In Advance.

Buck52

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Buck,

I get it.  It is just added to my comp deposit.

And its for the Veteran, to compensate for helping his or her dependent spouse.

So, with that said, one would be careful not to put in writing that one helps their spouse with a certain task that they claim they can not do for themselves and are compensated by the VA for.  That might get a little sticky.  If you catch my drift.  

Thanks,

Hamslice

Edited by Hamslice
cause I can

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Ham,

If they add it to my comp deposit...As I understand a Veteran can't have SMC S H.B  And then get the A&A? We can't have both.

Or would they mean this A&A to be for the spouse due to her disability's   and just add it to my comp  and I keep the SMC S  H.B..'

If she is approved I just hope the decision maker gets it right on how to distribute the $$$  and not mess up my ratings.

• HadIt.com Elder

We maybe putting the cart before the horse here

she needs to get approved first, eh!

If they deny were not going to appeal  its getting to stressful for her  ,,,the reality of her needing another person don't sit to well with her...but she knows I need help here at the house and she needs someone to help her physically.

Yeah on the Application  I know not to mention those certain things about what I can help with  I most likely will just let her &Her Dr's  fill out the statement in support of her claim  & let her write her own statment out   We believe her Medical records will show them just how bad her conditions & how bad she is..if she was a service connected Veteran she most likely would be way up there on the SMC Latter.

she is not going to add all her disability's  just the ones that incapacitate her. and let  the medical records speak for her..if they bother to read them that is..

if she is denied I'm not sure we will Appeal  depends I guess what it is they deny on?

I just found out about this a few months ago...we been needing the help now for the past 3 or 4 years.

And not sure what they will pay?