VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VARO contact info?

Rate this question

blahsaysme2u

Question

does anyone have any email addresses for the Roanoke VARO? i am trying a different route that broncovet suggested, by emailing my RO directly and copying the director and assistant director to review my EED per the reasons i have outlined in my NOD. since i can't actually do a NOD from the VBA, but would need a supplemental claim that would require "New/Rev Evidence" and i don't want to appeal to CAVC if i don't have to.

the name of the director and assistant director are:

Director: Robert T. Reynolds

Assistant Director: William (Bill) R. Barksdale III

thoughts? i also submitted to IRIS to forward to VARO but wanted to also email them directly if possible. i have tried google and such to try and find this info but its very hidden. i found a list but it looks to be outdated.

RO_Coordinator_Assignments.pdf

https://www.benefits.va.gov/ROROANOKE/leadership.asp

thanks for any help you can give.

4 answers to this question

It’s not hidden, it’s non existent for a reason. First of all, believe it it not, we get harassed. Both via email and in some cases in the ‘real world’. Sorry, but per policy and personal choice I don’t give out my email address for anything work related. We have entire classes on this from OPSEC.  

Legally if I email one of you directly I can never work on your claim again - that I have direct contact with you at all is technically illegal if your claim wasn’t assigned to me already because I’m breaching your privacy. If I was to meet one of you IRL I’d have to report it so that I can’t be associated with you, for impartiality if nothing else.  I can look tomorrow and see if there is anyone in public contact that has their email address for open consumption- they don’t work claims files.

As for emailing the RO management directly, I wouldn’t. First of all they don’t work claims, and they generally haven’t in years. All they could do at most is assign your claim to.... someone like me in development. It won’t go directly to a rater, either, just because you email the RO.

Do you have new and relevant evidence for why it should have a different date or have you gone down this road once? If you’ve appealed it in the past and been denied then your next step is take it to the next level- and that isn’t someone that has no current experience working claims, and they can’t compel anyone else to just change your date either, that has to be a rater, or a judge. The RO management have no pull there, they implement policy from higher up, they don’t directly take a hand in it, especially not at the claims level. The director of my RO hasn’t touched a claim in years, by their own admission. That’s not their job anymore and they can’t just jump in and take one. 

4 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

Do you have new and relevant evidence for why it should have a different date or have you gone down this road once? If you’ve appealed it in the past and been denied then your next step is take it to the next level- and that isn’t someone that has no current experience working claims, and they can’t compel anyone else to just change your date either, that has to be a rater, or a judge. The RO management have no pull there, they implement policy from higher up, they don’t directly take a hand in it, especially not at the claims level. The director of my RO hasn’t touched a claim in years, by their own admission. That’s not their job anymore and they can’t just jump in and take one. 

this is regarding my EED issue. i won my VBA but the rater ignored the judges opine. unfortunately the judge didnt specifically indicate anything other than "grant SC" and ignored the EED issue completely...

no i dont have any "New" evidence. i dont know what to do now. im so lost again- here is link to my thread on EED- i cant do NOD and i dont have any new evidence. i just need to figure out what i can do on my own. i dont want to go to CAVC and fight for years again. i am scared of using CUE for anything other than last resort. i thought i had this figured out and now im lost again 😞

What about relevant evidence? Relevant doesn’t mean new, it can mean unconsidered. If you have a positive finding from the judge that wasn’t implemented you can use that, too. It doesn’t always have to be new.