Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VHA just cancelled my MH treatment appointment

Rate this question

1454th Solider

Question

The VHA just cancelled my regular MH treatment appointment, saying the provider is not available at this time, "We will call you to set up another appointment".

My appointment is over a month out, what's going on? How can I verify that they cancelled and not me? Is it because I have a claim in? Stressed OUT!!!

4 answers to this question

I don't understand what you mean by verifying that "they cancelled and not  you...." and "because I have a claim in...". 

You wouldn't have an exam request unless you had a claim in, unless this one was a Request for Re-examination. 

In any case it's not that unusual- we've been doing this for the last year  and some because depending on the location of the VAMC or Vendor, and local conditions, they become available or unavailable. Maybe they had an MH provider quit or get sick, maybe the VAMC is shutting down exams (again) due to a covid spike. Without looking I couldn't give you much more than that, and officially I can't look at a file that isn't assigned to me because of privacy laws protecting you.

Heck, sometimes if someone's exam has been dragging on for a few months I cancel it myself- and then I reschedule it with another vender or a VAMC because its faster for you. We've been shuffling exams like this for the last year as a location closes due to covid, or opens up somewhere else, or setting them up for video if that capability exists for that provider. 

If they are going to reschedule it then they will reschedule it. In any case, you should be asking them, not us- we don't know why it was cancelled, they, or the vendor (depending on who it was with) do. You should have a phone number for the exam location, call it and see what they say. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

I think you a talking about A regular metal health appointment with your doctor it would not have any bearing on the claim.

Now if you are talk about a comp exam.

Been cancelled I would sent a statement so its in my record that they canceled exam I didn't miss it or refuse. It will not hurt.

7 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

I don't understand what you mean by verifying that "they cancelled and not  you...." and "because I have a claim in...". 

You wouldn't have an exam request unless you had a claim in, unless this one was a Request for Re-examination. 

In any case it's not that unusual- we've been doing this for the last year  and some because depending on the location of the VAMC or Vendor, and local conditions, they become available or unavailable. Maybe they had an MH provider quit or get sick, maybe the VAMC is shutting down exams (again) due to a covid spike. Without looking I couldn't give you much more than that, and officially I can't look at a file that isn't assigned to me because of privacy laws protecting you.

Heck, sometimes if someone's exam has been dragging on for a few months I cancel it myself- and then I reschedule it with another vender or a VAMC because its faster for you. We've been shuffling exams like this for the last year as a location closes due to covid, or opens up somewhere else, or setting them up for video if that capability exists for that provider. 

If they are going to reschedule it then they will reschedule it. In any case, you should be asking them, not us- we don't know why it was cancelled, they, or the vendor (depending on who it was with) do. You should have a phone number for the exam location, call it and see what they say. 

you should be asking them, not us- we don't know why it was cancelled, they, or the vendor (depending on who it was with) do. You should have a phone number for the exam location, call it and see what they say. 

I agree thanks for the feed back.

"The VHA just cancelled my regular MH treatment appointment"

I do not think this was related to a Claim then if it was a regular MH treatment appointment. During this COVID mess they have done that several times to me with several different providers. I have been cancelled by the Dental, Ortho, and even my PCP. Just by calling them up, it was rescheduled. The VHA is really pushing TeleMed now.