Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cavc remand to bva

Rate this question

Mr cue

Question

Your appeal was remanded by the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. Court Remand appeals are prioritized so that they’re always at the front of the line. 

ok so my ? Is if veterans are waiting 4 5 years for a bva decision when there cases is to be return to front of line. Something wrong.

after developing by ro cases are to be return to front of line. Not waiting years in line.

part of my petition we will see if court address it.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

My lawyer once told me:

"The courts can not right every wrong that happens to you, even if we expect them to"

Someone else once told me:

"Pick your battles well".  

You dont always want to engage every fight.  I like to "pick battles" where my odds of winning are good, and the projected rewards are much greater than the efforts required to win it.  

Someone pointed out a fish swimming in the stream "must pick" which insects to chase after.  If the fish expends more engergy chasing a fly, than he will get by eating it, he will eventually starve to death.  

If we want to keep swimming, we need to take the fish's advice.  Pick which ones you want to chase.  Dont chase em all.  

• HadIt.com Elder
On 9/3/2021 at 8:31 AM, Mr cue said:

Your appeal was remanded by the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. Court Remand appeals are prioritized so that they’re always at the front of the line. 

ok so my ? Is if veterans are waiting 4 5 years for a bva decision when there cases is to be return to front of line. Something wrong.

after developing by ro cases are to be return to front of line. Not waiting years in line.

part of my petition we will see if court address it.

Mr Cue

I applaud you for staying on top of this ,  Everyone says its up to us Veterans to proceed with our claims and never give up ,  I wish you the best in your fight for your benefits  its just a darn shame this happens to veterans or certain veterans  I wish you the best outcome  and you get what your fighting for  Again I applaud you my brother.

About all I know to tell you is if you haven't yet called the white house Hotline and let that person know what all you been having to deal with as for a the court remands. ect,,,ect,, waiting and waiting and fighting with this   call them and give them a piece of your mind..it may help or it won't hurt.

White House Hotline# 855-948-2311

Thanks buck

Now if you are a veteran who don't understand the law yes get a lawyer or vso

They are there to help.

I for one had a bad experience so I do my own thing.

And have done a good job. 100% pt 25 year and smc l 2 years

If I am taking this right you are saying don't fight for expidate treatment for a cavc remand. Which is the law.

Do u understand what set a side means. At cavc

Mean on remand bva can't address that time period. They have to address early time period.

So if ro granted the same time period that cavc set a side there a problem. They volate a cavc order.

I understand many may not understand this but I put it out there because I am sure I am not the only veteran they have done this to.

Buck I am waiting on a decision on my petition for extraordinary relief.

The court order va to response. Bva didn't even respond to the court.

I never seen that before.