Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Online SSDI application

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

I just filled out the online application for SSDI.

There was no place or question regards my VA disability rating of 100% and being P&T.

So, I just copied and pasted my P&T awards summary into the last comment text block.

Anyway, you would think they SS would have VA disability as one of their questions, but,

That would be too easy,

Carl

This should be a fun trip...

Edited by Carl the Engineer
cause I can

Update,

We'll, not really an update.  I am 78 percent on the SS webpage.

I have a battle buddy that got 100 P&T at the same time as me and put in for SSDI at the same time.  We have been tracking percetage wise neck and neck.  He is at 77 percent.

While I am patient, he gets antsy.  He called SS today and they told him that the first step should have been done a while ago and give the local SS office a call.  The local office said that they were waiting for some paperwork, which they finally got in March, to proceed and that it was in a stack waiting to get worked on and it would be a month or two more.  \

And then, the person said, it goes to Madison, WI after its completed locally, and that it takes a year now in Madison because half the SS contracted employees left the SS because of a new contract.  So, not sure how one verifies that one.

Anyway, the above is third hand.

In December, I will be filing for normal SS retirement benifits, as I turn 62 in March 2023, unless someone (here) thinks that would cause a problem with the SSDI application??

Eek,

Carl

Update,

A couple weeks ago I got two questionaires regarding past work history and medical limitations, etc.

Today, I got two packets for two medical exams at local hospitals, one for comprehensive musculoskeletal exam, and one with a psychologist for mental status exam.

I can see the musculoskeletal exam, because I am at least 100% for arthritis, etc, but I only claimed OCD and was denied.  Nothing in my private medical records for mental.

I have been at 90% for about a month, which was a long time after gaining about 2 points a week for the last couple months.  So, this must be what the came up with, with the exams.

Anyway, I am 61 and fit the age criteria for not haveing to be trained, etc., so we will see.  I applied over a year ago, and I haven't worked since Feb, 2019.  So, there is that.

Carl

Edited by Carl the Engineer

Latest,

I got another letter 3 weeks ago for an appointment at a hospital for x-rays, actually 2 appointments back to back for x-rays.  So, tomorrow is pictures day.  And then 2 appts with doctors in Sept.  One for musculoskeletal, and one for mental. 

I do have a question for anyone who went throught the SSDI process, I have since my original application, been diagnosed or treated for 3 new maladies.  One of them being type II diabetes, for which I take metformin.  

Do I send those medical diagnosis with medical documents in now, or wait until after the first denial??

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

Carl 

All,

"On September 29, 2022, a representative in  **********************  started a final review to make sure that you still meet the non-medical requirements for Disability Benefits."

Just got this message today.  Sounds hopefull.  Nothing "non-medical" has changed since I applied.  No work, etc. 

Will be interesting to see their onset date.  My application date is 6 3 2021, but I hadn't worked since 2 19 2019.  I understand the 12 month limit on backpay before application date, so we will see.  Plus I know about the 5 month deal.  23 months would be sweet.

Hoping for the best,

Carl