Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NFT collection donates to Veteran Organizations & Active Troop Organizations

Rate this topic

Wdeacon20

Hi all,
My name is Wesley (and I'll be the first to Dox myself). I created an NFT (Non-Fungible Transaction) project that runs off the Ethereum Blockchain (A cryptocurrency blockchain). We are an NFT collection of 13,000 known as the Goat Troops. Throughout our project the number 13 is pretty significant because we are giving back to the 13 US families that lost a loved one in the Kabul Afghanistan bombing. Furthermore, just to give some insight, every-time an NFT is traded or sold (Think of it as a museum where people can bid on art) we earn 5% of the "royalties" because we are the founders. With this 5% we plan on donating 3% to active duty service member organizations such as Black Rifle Coffee Company (A Veteran owned company that provides coffee to those serving). Just circling back, our collection of 13,000 goats are sold (minted) for .06 Ethereum (Approximately $160-$200 USD). With the profits from our collection selling out, we plan on donating 13% (around 200K+) to the 13 US families that lost a loved one in Afghanistan. We have been in contact with the Fisher House Foundation & the Hat Trick Foundation and have meetings with them this week to form our partnership. Lastly, we have active-duty service members and veterans speaking about our project and backing us weekly on Twitter:@GoattroopsNFT . This is the future of selling art and it has been increasing rapidly on the NFT exchange OpenSea. If you are interested in our project and supporting our cause then please reach out to our twitter account. I will happily support Veterans & Active Duty Service members by personally showing you how to purchase an NFT and become apart of our project. The purpose of purchasing an NFT is for investment purposes and art enthusiast purposes. Many people are actively coming into this space. As such, the latest big company to purchase an NFT was VISA MASTERCARD.
So there is a little summary about the project I have created to support you guys. I am here for you and making sure the money goes to the correct organizations to help veterans. If you have any questions, feel free to message me directly, reach out to our twitter, or google our website www.goattroops.io

Thank you,
Wesley aka Co-Founder of the Goat Troops NFT Collection

I approved this post even tho hadit does not endorse particular Veteran's charaties, per se, because, unfortunately there are lots of scammers who victimize both Veterans and people who would donate to them.  

This said, Im familiar with Ethereum and NFT's.

Apparently Visa card bought paid $150,000 for a rather simple NFT.  https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/23/visa-buys-cryptopunk-nft-for-150000.html  At least

But that's not the top:  ONE NFT sold for 60 million dollars according to this article:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/11/most-expensive-nft-ever-sold-auctions-for-over-60-million.html

If I could figure out why "Beeple" sold for 60 million, and "Chase" did not get one bid, I guess I would be a millionaire.  

• HadIt.com Elder

You know some of these so-called vet charities will bite like a mad dog if you dare to be critical of them online.  I thought Americans had freedom of speech, but maybe not.

• Community Owner

To be honest broncovet anyone who is trying to sell you bitcoin is trying to scam you. NFT's as they are called is you buying say  Mona Lisa painting without having physicals position of it. Its all digital like bitcoin. bitcoin is stored on a computer (Or usb drive) it work the same way with digital NFT's. (I guess the 28 years as an IT person didn't go to waste) When I went to the links above it setoff me add blocker.  

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use