Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The VA hopes you will overlook this. Dont. It could cost you $$$Thousands in retro.

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

You just might be due retro.  If you applied for INCREASE.  An increase is when you are service connected at x percent and they later raise that because your condition got worse.  Expect the VA employees, your VSO, and even well meaning Vets advocates to doubt you.  You may even doubt yourself.  But read the following regulations:  

(3)

The effective date of an award of increased compensation shall be the earliest date as of which it is ascertainable that an increase in disability had occurred, if application is received within one year from such date.

Or, if you applied for benefits within a year of exit from military service:

(b)

(1)
The effective date of an award of disability compensation to a veteran shall be the day following the date of the veteran’s discharge or release if application therefor is received within one year from such date of discharge or release.

Source:  https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/38/5110

I don't think any veteran should believe the va is following the law in there case.

This is why Congress set up a court to address there errors and not following the law.

Now would I fight this fight. In if I was 25 year protected.

Because the va will play the reduce game and new comp exam with there crew of new denied doctors. Lol.

I believe you would have to fight alway to the cavc or maybe even the federal court before it would even be address.

For myself yes I believe they owe me money under this law.

But I wouldn't do it after this fight for smc benfits owe it just to much bogus stuff that has been put in the va claim system now to hold a veteran claim up.

I don't see as many wins as I use to on hadit.

My opinion